Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reapers coming in...

Posted by kclost 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 16:18

I would have harvested twice as many if it weren't for the holes being eaten in so many. The BT-K is not keeping the pests away well enough.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reapers coming in...

P!sses me off!

o

I would open that pepper and if the inside is okay, then just cut away the hole and use the rest.

Dennis

P.S. Dang! that's a nasty looking pod!

o

• Posted by Orekoc 7 Willamette Valley (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 12, 14 at 2:02

I hope you are saving seed from those imperfect peppers, provided the seed is good. Actually, from all of them! Some of us are hoping to score these seeds CTT (Come The Trade.)

Also, Dennis has the right idea. Listen to him.

o

I'm still looking for real reaper seeds after a bad buying experience... Have red and peach ghosts, 7 pots and. 7 pots chocolate if you could spare some seeds!

o

Yes I can spare pods... Send me an email...

This post was edited by kclost on Tue, Aug 12, 14 at 14:44

o

Does anyone out there know a good place to get already started Carolina Reaper plants near Durham North Carolina? I just moved down for school from MI and last year I grew some very successful Trinidad Moruga peppers and I would love to try Reapers this year since I'm in Carolina but I think I'm a bit late to start with seeds.

o

Seedlings can take up to 120 to produce mature fruit, that's mid-December if you had ideal growing conditions (Night time temps above 55°F and 10-12 hours of daylight.). If you were thinking of overwintering to get an early start on a harvest next summer that's different.

Hopefully someone can help you with a local outlet.

o

Those are good looking peppers! I wish my Reaper plant would stop blasting buds. It's probably ejected 30 little immature stems. We did have a pretty good hot snap last week which exacerbated things a bit. Interesting that my Brain Strain plant, which was smaller and less vigorous now has some pretty decent peppers on it:

o

I got my "Reaper" from Chili Plants. It was sad at first but is coming back. Planning overwintering if I can figure how in a small apartment.  photo IMG_0593_zps979e9738.jpg

Planted in April. It's a slow grower.

o

Hi Kclost, I sent you an email, please let me know if you didn't receive it. Thanks!

o

Got it..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here