Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
esox07

Couple questions regarding seeds

First off, if you have pods that you want to harvest seeds from to grow next season, what is the best way to do it? Is it OK to dry the seeds along with the pod in a dehydrator or should you only air dry the seeds. Is it better to harvest the seeds and dry them separately? How dry should you get the seeds.

Second: I grew some Hot Hungarian Wax peppers in close proximity to other varieties. What can I expect from the seeds that I harvest from the pods the Hot Hungarian Wax peppers produce? Will they grow new hot hung wax peppers or possibly hybrids of the Cayennes, Habaneros and Charlestons growing near it? I would just buy new pure seeds from a reputable dealer except that I really like the peppers I got from my two Hot Hungarian plants and I am not even positive that is what they are. I bought them as Hot Banana Peppers but I have since been advised that they are probably Hot Hungarian Wax Peppers. So, if i grow plants from their seeds, will they produce identical plants or can I expect some hybridization.

Bruce

Comments (4)

Sponsored