Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Prolific Orange Habs

Posted by peps22 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 8, 14 at 16:48

Hey guys,

any idea when these will ripen? I was the guy who had to buy my seedlings in home depot in May because I left my seedlings with someone for 2 weeks in April, and they were all dead when I returned.

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with this plant, coming from Home Depot.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Prolific Orange Habs

I thought mine were never going to colour but after a week of sunshine they are starting to turn a pretty hemi orange. They were about the same size as your pods so I hope you have the same luck.

o

That's the worst part of the whole process. It seems they can stall at this stage for weeks, if not a month. Just be patient, it'll happen.

Tim

o

Having the same dilemma here in CT, Peps. This was my first pod to ripen. It must've stayed the same size for 4-5 weeks before starting to show any color. This pic was from about 1 1/2 weeks ago. Picked it and ate it raw yesterday. It's a pain, but worth the wait. I hate the waiting game.

o

> "I have to say I'm pretty impressed with this plant, coming from Home Depot."

HD is stocked by Bonnie Plants. (Well, maybe not all of the HDs, but all the ones I've seen.) Bonnie Plants does indeed have some excellent plants. Until you want to get into the superhots and exotics, you could do a lot worse than source all your peppers from HD.

Dennis

P.S. They stock Lowes too.

o

P.P.S. I was in a Lowes the other day looking to see what was on the shelves and the SA told me that they haven't been able to keep peppers or toms in stock. People wait for the BP truck to re-stock, then clean off the shelves.

This bodes well for America.

o

Mine are indeed Bonnie.

My entire garden (not just my habs above) is green fruit but for one cayenne with a red tip. Does hot/cold weather have any influence? I notice in years past ripening happens quickly in sept/oct.

o

Agreed, it can take FOREVER! I don't think 3-5 weeks is uncommon for them to start changing color.... just give it time, it will happen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here