Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The guardian of the peppers

Posted by DMForcier 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 28, 12 at 16:58

Perched in the top of my cubanelle, eying evil insects.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The guardian of the peppers

How much does he charge? I may need to rent his services.

Tim

o

• Posted by esox07 4b Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 28, 12 at 18:38

Here is an afternoon snack for your little fella.
Bruce

o

Nice shot DMForcier!

o

Yes, nice shot!

o

Yes :)

o

i like that DM, nice pic

o

those pics do look pretty sweet i am gonna have to hit the pet shop to by a python to wrap up in 1 of my trees to compete with ya guys now .... (smile)

o

Heck, I'm surprised the cats haven't killed him yet.

Python, eh? Hmmmm....

o

here is 1 of my guardians was born under the house along with a few others he decided to stick around the others only come by every now and then but he runs off any squirrels and eats some of the flying bugs cant pick him up yet he is still a bit wild . 1 of my other gardens is being guarded by a 200lb Neo Mastiff (smile)

o

Mine are all too tame. Little Minnie was a barn cat and is death on silent cat feets, but she prefers more entertaining game. I do wish she'd stop trying to ranch them under the stove, though.

Of the other two, one is too elderly and the other too aloof. I always try to keep a "one tom to rule them all", and a young boy to cause trouble. But the coyotes got my boys. So for now the reptiles and amphibians are safe.

o

I have a hard time keeping lizards or birds in the backyard... My dog chases anything that moves. I used to see quite a few larger lizards hanging around but now all I see is the babies. Too bad she doesn't go after the cabbage loopers, sphinx moths, whiteflies, aphids, and slugs.

The cats used to get the gophers now and then but I can't let them out back any longer because of the DOG.

When she was a pup, she would bury her bones at the base of my veggies. I had to start putting chicken wire around the garden.

I wouldn't trade her for anything though, so now I just rant about pest and disease control.

Nice shot btw DMF :)

Kevin

o

Here's a shot of him giving me attitude.

(I think he's actually eying Minnie sitting in the jalapeno pot next over (damn cat!).)

o

That is so cool that he just hangs out there! I'd be out there with my camera all the time!

o

Gorgeous lizard! You know, this has been a weird year, it seems like every time I move a pot or mow around the garden I spook up several lizards, none as pretty as yours though. I've never seen this many lizards before.

o

Fantastic! Is it an Anole of some sort?

Just yesterday I noticed a little garden helper on the edge of my Chocolate Hab conainer...

o

Lovely, he's very handsome! I just saw one of his distant relatives on my porch next to the mint bed. A pretty juvenile 5-lined skink with a sky blue tail. He didn't hold still for a picture though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here