Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
some kind of bug eggs?

Posted by toolstack 6b (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 15, 14 at 17:01

Hi,
found these on one of my habanero leaves this morning. I didn't see any more on this plant or any of my others. Does anyone know what they are? I removed the leave and searched but the only bugs I seen were ladybug and little jumping spiders.
Randal

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: some kind of bug eggs?

• Posted by djoy 5-6 (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 15, 14 at 19:31

They look like pictures I have seen of ladybug eggs.

dj

o

Ladybug eggs are yellow.

o

I Googled ladybug eggs they are yellow and elongated. They were on the top side of the leaf too. I don't really have any damage to the plant other than some weird pinched leaves (a few). I'm not sure what they are from think I'll inspect them when I get off work tonight.
Randal

o

Fri, Aug 15, 14 at 22:45

Yeah your right... is the color in the picture pretty accurate? Just searching a bit more..... can you make out anything else on the eggs? Black spots or lines anywhere? Seems to be a lot of caterpillars that lay similar eggs to what you posted.

dj

o

I downloaded a camera app so that the pictures I post are not sideways it's supposed to be HD but I think it's lacking.
I saved the leaf I'll look again but I think they are like the picture.
Randal

o

I went and checked my plants with a flashlight and only seen a lone earwig which I promptly pinched so I have no clue.
Randal

o

Sat, Aug 16, 14 at 4:18

Stink bugs have been hatching here in the western Rockies. I read a description of the the brown marmorated stink bug eggs that said they were laid in groups of 20-30 (you def have more than 30), barrel shaped, and range in color from white to pail green. http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/pestalert/pabrownmarmorated.html

Might be worth a look.. let us know if you ever figure it out.

Good luck.

dj

This post was edited by djoy on Sat, Aug 16, 14 at 4:24

o

Do you have any squash growing near by they look squash bug eggs they are a type of stink bug, I use the sticky side of masking or duct tape to pull them off the leaf and if you see any adults a 10% soap water mix will do it but must be sprayed directly on them and has no residual effects and won't affect the eggs you must hand pick them. So hand pick eggs daily check both sides of the leaves and spray adults and nymphs with the soapy water. all the stink bug family has wings so new ones could show up daily .

o

I have squash planted about 10 feet from where I have my buckets set out. I'll have to go look now.
Thank you
Randal

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here