Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
azzure08

their full of it

azzure08(zone8a)
11 years ago

what is a good type of stuffing pepper? I have had stuffed bells and jalapenos but I wonder if another pepper have a better flavor for being stuffed and roasted. I also want to as what everyone top 5 peppers are if you don't mind sharing.

Comments (21)

• richiebaker1245
    11 years ago

Hi, I've done habs twice now, stuffed with garlic & chive cream cheese, wrapped in smoked streaky bacon, drizzled with olive oil and plenty of salt n pepper. Bit small, but when your on your 6th one, you ain't capable of eating more! Nice though.

Rich.

• azzure08(zone8a)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

rich,
    now I am hungry, that sounds really good

• peppernovice
    11 years ago

I know the Chimayo is a really tasty pepper. I cut it length wise, remove the seeds, stuff it with cream cheese and wrap it with bacon. Bake it at 400 degrees for about 30 to 40 minutes. My wife and I love it! I can't remember who gave me the recipe. It was someone on this site. My apologies to the original poster.

Tim

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    11 years ago

I have some Jalapenos that I need to do something with. Just exactly how do you "stuff" them with cream cheese. And then, I am guessing you cook them some how? Is that right. I need the idiots guide to stuffing Jalapenos with cream cheese and garlic and whatever else.
    Bruce

• azzure08(zone8a)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

fire house jalapenos- from allrecipes.com
    Ingredients

30 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
    1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    30 small smoked sausages (such as Lit'l Smokies�)
    1 (1 pound) package thin-sliced bacon, cut in half
    60 toothpicks
    1/2 cup barbeque sauce
    Directions

Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    Fill the jalapeno pepper halves with softened cream cheese, then place a smoked sausage into each pepper on top of the cheese. Wrap each piece with a half strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place the peppers onto a baking sheet and brush with the barbeque sauce.
    Bake in the preheated oven until the bacon is crispy, about 30 minutes.

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    11 years ago

Thanks, it sounds good. Have you tried it?
    Bruce

• smokemaster_2007
    11 years ago

Manzano/Rocoto.
    Stuffed with Sausage(Italian,Chorizo...) and rice topped with Jack and Cheddar cheese.
    Ham and rice with Swiss...
    Smoked or baked.

Or
    Mix every kind of bean you can find(reds whites,pinto Garbonzo etc.)with onions,garlic and tomato.
    Add oil,Balsomic vinegar and red wine vinegar.
    Stuff pepprers with bean mix,put some of the oil inside each pepper and let them soak overnight in the rest of the juice and bean mix.
    Kinda like peppers stuffed with bean salad and left to pickle in the dressing overnight.
    Good stuff.

• azzure08(zone8a)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have not but I did make some for my fiancee and his bowling team platter came back clean but I used ground pork instead of sausages

• peppermeister1
    11 years ago

I have not come up with a better crowd pleaser than a version of Guy Fieri's Italian stuffed jalapenos recipe that I use, I'm in Jersey so anything Italian will go over well. Link Below...

If you make sure you get all the seeds and veins out of the pepper, you can get civilians to eat it. These are seriously out of this world. I substituted hot cherry pepper for the red bell last time which I liked but it was missing that sweetness.

Also the recipe makes alot of extra stuffing, which I used the next morning to make an omelet and immediately patted myself on the back for a job well done.

Here is a link that might be useful: Italian Stuffed Jalapenos Recipe

• azzure08(zone8a)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

that sound so good!

• azzure08(zone8a)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

that is a good idea may the best Chile head win

• peppernovice
    11 years ago

Pic sent Peppermeister!

Tim

• willardb3
    11 years ago

Chilaca makes wonderful chile relleno.
    Not found everywhere.....you may have to grow them.

• richiebaker1245
    11 years ago

Here's a link... Use any chillies you like. For variations just google atomic buffalo turds!

http://thebbqgrail.com/2012/atomic-buffalo-turds-seriously-thats-what-theyre-called/

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    11 years ago

Thanks guys, you never disappoint. Some very tasty sounding recipes there. I have narrowed my choice down to three of them. I only have enough for one batch so I will have to narrow it down more still.
    Bruce

• User
    11 years ago

willard3,

Chilaca for stuffing? Interesting, stuffing them never occurred to me.

Just for clarification you're referring to what some seed vendors and stores in the US and Canada mistakenly call Pasilla peppers. Pasilla is the proper name for dried Chilaca, right?

Bill

• highalttransplant
    11 years ago

Or does he mean, Chilhuacle?

• Calcat36
    11 years ago

If you stuffed bells, may I assume that you used meat/rice/veggies? And cream cheese/cheese of some type with the jalapeno?

I stuffed a meat type of mixture into poblano peppers like you would a jalapeno. Cut the stem end off, pulled the seeds, par boiled/shocked in ice water, stuffed and then baked. The heat of the poblano was not searing but it was noted! It accented the stuffing very well.

• Calcat36
    11 years ago

Oops, I meant like a bell, with some jalapeno in the mixture...

• richiebaker1245
    11 years ago

Bells are nice halved, stuffed with cooked cous cous, and roasted in the oven till nicely browned! Yummy!

• User
    11 years ago

My favorite relleno peppers are Chimayo and Poblano.

For popper style, the mild Christmas Bell (or 40 odd other names) is my favorite. I like it for the flavour and that you can get stuffing down into the lobes. If I want more heat I dice up a hotter pepper and mix it into the stuffing.

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County