Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aji dulce or another Latin pepper??

Posted by Mawdl none (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 7, 11 at 17:02

Hi. I recently went to a Latin restaurant which used small red and green pickled peppers. They're mild to medium spicy and about the size of a black bean, although slightly skinnier. One of the menu descriptions said they were aji dulces but I did a google search for the plant and it doesn't look like the pepper. They also had some dying peppers in pots and when I asked what they were (since they were the the same ones that were in the dish) no one knew. Strange... The peppers grew upside down on small thin 'stalks'. Sorry, my pepper plant terminology knowledge is terrible! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to grow some of my own!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aji dulce or another Latin pepper??

A lot of them start off upside down on the plant but certain types will flip back to normal after they've grown to a particular size.

I know you mentioned google but did you check Google images also?

One thing about peppers, people don't always discriminate when they name or identify them. People will sometimes give the same name to 3 totally different peppers. The best thing i can think of, is go to a few recommended seed sellers and check out their pictures of the Aji Dulce. If none of their pictures match then i'll bet that restaurant got the name wrong.

Recommended pepper seed sellers: http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/11131-ordering-pepper-seeds/

Pepper seed search engine: http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=015290501503124545082:lxf76mcmv_a

Here is a link that might be useful: Aji Dulce Google images

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here