Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Greenhouse pepper grow list

Posted by avidgardener25 none (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 17:33

Well, we are near the finish of my greenhouse. I am planning on growing a good bit of peppers. These include:
Chocolate 7 pot/pod
Red mushroom
Bolivian rainbow
Corno di toro
Chimayo
Halloween
Serrano
Black Cuban
Hot cherry
Thai
Bhut jolokia
Chile pequin
Big Jim
Hungarian hot yellow wax
Chocolate habanero
Numex jalmundo
Ancho San Luis poblano
Beaver dam
Jimmy nardella
Peppadew
Orange habanero
Apple pepper
Red sheepnose
Rocoto
Long red cayenne
Cascabel
Explosive ember
Tobago
Zimbabwe bird
Black pearl
Medusa
Chocolate scotch bonnet
Congo brown
Masquerade
Bih jolokia
Orange bell/naga (bruce's mystery pepper)
Mini sweet bells
Early jalapeno
Numex twilight
Numex mirasol
Hot kil
Pasilla bajio
Surmeli
Yellow bell pepper
Sweet banana

Any favorites you recommend? Suggestions? Comments? I am all ears!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Greenhouse pepper grow list

• Posted by esox07 4b Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 18:48

Well, just for the fun of it, I would grow one of those Orange or Red Tree Habaneros. They grow tall and skinny. My orange tree Hab is over three feet tall but the really unique thing about it, is that the first split in branches is at around two feet. Smokemaster2007 says they grow to well over 10 feet tall after a few years. His got to 5 feet in the first year but he has a year round growing season where as I do not. Even at three feet tall, the width is probably 7 or 8 inches. My red tree hab has put out a bunch of pods already and is slightly shorter. The orange tree hab just started to bloom and set a few pods. But they continue to grow taller all the time. I am expecting 4 feet by the end of my season around late September or early October. Then it will be an overwinter project.
So, if you are looking for something different, there you go.
Here is a photo of them from a week ago:

Bruce

o
RE: Greenhouse pepper grow list

Very nice Bruce, I will have to consider that type. Thanks. I have yet to discover your mystery seeds, but once I do, I will let you know!

Preston

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here