Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Type of pepper anyone?

Posted by suvoth 4B (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 3, 14 at 18:02

I bought organic "Long Sweet Red" peppers at my local grocery store and decided to try and grow them. It is a very prolific little plant thus far and I am getting these huge peppers (8 inches long and counting). Anyone know what kind they are? They are very thin walled and sweet.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Type of pepper anyone?

These were the peppers from the store.

o

Another shot of the whole plant (an old shot, the left side one)

o

Wow!

o

Yeah, fairly large...still waiting to see if it'll stop growing and turn red lol

o

• Posted by djoy 5-6 (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 4, 14 at 17:54

A close friends of mine is growing a hybrid "holy mole" that looks similar. If it goes dark colored instead of red, it could be one of these.? He sent me this pic yesterday.

photo IMG_20140804_154613_zps03460b91.jpg

dj

o

I grow a couple sweet each year that it could be. My first guess is 'Doux Long des Landes'. I've gotten a few close to 10 inches in the past. They are thin skinned and sweet. One of my favorite sweets I grow.

Or it's cousin - 'Doux tres long de Landes'

Sandy

o

Thanks for the replies! I'll look both of them up :) I'm going to try to let it grow red (eager to pick) or black...We'll see what colour it gets to. lol I'll definitely check out doux long des landes too :)

Edit: These are completely sweet so I don't think it's holy molly.

This post was edited by suvoth on Mon, Aug 4, 14 at 18:59

o

Holy molé I have seen are chilaca/chile negro.

o

My Holy Mole's are a lot darker green than her's, yep, Holy Moles are chilacas, that fruit doesn't look like a chilaca to me.
Pam

o

I grew holy mole last year an am growing again. It is basically "Chilaca" . I like it dried. Then it is called pasilla.

BUT the pepper in question looks like Anaheim.
I bought some from Asian market few days ago. I picked smaller ones but still they were 6 to 8 inches long. I have a few left in the frig. One is 7" long.

o

Anaheim looks a lot like it...the only difference is the zero heat?

o

Well, no clear Idea what this pepper is but OMG I love how productive they are! I have yet to let them turn red lol I keep picking them for their "green pepper" taste. Super productive.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here