Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jalapeno plant not flowering

Posted by njw753 Arizona (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 15, 10 at 18:40

I planted 2 jalapeno plants in May. The plant is absolutely beautiful with very green leaves. The problem is there are zero flowers or any sign of flowering anywhere. The pot is in the sun all the time and it's been very hot. In the beginning I partially sheltered it with burlap, but sun filtered through.

This is not the first time I've grown jalapenos. I've always had fantastic peppers that were pretty hot. However, I've never sheltered any of my plants before.

Does anyone know why it might not flower and get peppers? Was it the sheltering from the sun? I stopped sheltering it about 3 weeks ago and still no sign of any flowers.

Thanks!
Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jalapeno plant not flowering

It could be the heat, as well.

What is your fertilization schedule like?

Depending upon the type of soil mix, you could try either Dolomitic Garden Lime or Epsom Salts.
More info needed...

Josh

o
RE: Jalapeno plant not flowering

I had that problem, too, then suddenly they started producing like crazy. For me, I think it's just that we were really cool in the spring, then got really got without much of a transition. They were dropping their flowers all over the place, but now all my plants are producing. It's also cooled down a little. Hopefully something will kick in. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here