Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ghost pepper or Trinidad scorpion??

Posted by patstb1 none (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 9, 14 at 19:18

First time pepper grower here, the seeds said ghost pepper but the pods seem to look like Trinidad scorpion ?? Please help identify.

This post was edited by patstb1 on Sat, Aug 9, 14 at 22:09

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ghost pepper or Trinidad scorpion??

What are pods arrowed?

o

Closer pic of pod

This post was edited by patstb1 on Sat, Aug 9, 14 at 20:44

o

I would have to say wait for a couple of more pods. I myself was actually just going to post a topic pretty much the same as yours as I have the same thing going on here that I just noticed. I have only 1 pod that looks like yours, and the rest are the standard Bhut shape, all on the same plant.

o

looks like some kind of scorpion to me. wrong shape for ghost pepper. That's good because scorpions taste better anyway in my opinion...

o

50 pods approx on plant and all have simular shape with a little green stem? Out of bottom like on last pic posted

o

Well, in that case then, I will also take a guess and say there may have been a seed mix-up.

o

So if this would be a Trinidad scorpion any guesses on which kind ??
I'm getting closer and closer to finding out ;-) lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here