Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paulfromthestreets

Bhut Jolokia Not Growing

PaulFromTheStreets
10 years ago

I planted my Bhut Jolokia seeds in the middle of June 2013 now August. It did fairly fairly well growing over time but not I'm started to question if its growing as well as I'm seeing it as. Over the 3 months it currently at about 8 inches. It has big leaves (5 inches longs) (3 to 4 inches wide). And at the bottom of the stem a bunch of tiny leaves. So much that the bottom of the stem is barely visible. *** I did not have my camera available to take pictures, sorry***

The pot I have it in is 2 feet wide shaped as a bowl. I used Miracle-Gro� Seed Starting Potting Mix and some regular ground soil. I'm seeing videos with Buht Jolokia's with barely 15 leaves growing pods. And see them flowering in 3 months but not my plant. I live in New York so if it will help go the the Weather Channel and look up New York's temperature to see past and future temperature's that might help you to answer my question.

I keep my plant moist but never soaked unless it's on a really hot day. The problem I'm really seeing is that it's not growing in height. It grows leaves all over but does not grow up. It has a very healthy dark green that most Bhut Jolokia's have. I have no bug problems, no white and brown spots, and no holes.

I give it direct sunlight but when it starts to lean too much I turn the pot 180 degrees. So I just need somebody's help to tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I can be doing. I will upload some pictures soon as I get my camera back. But for now I need somebody's help that knows the problem. I really need some help here. Thanks in advance.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?