Savina Burger!

stoneys_fatali
9 years ago

Yes, it was good :p

Stoney

Comments (17)

• obchili
    9 years ago

Nice. Was that a real HAM-burger? Now my cheap Wal-Mart steak sandwich did not look anything like that. Got room for company tomorrow for dinner?

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

You're pretty crazy :-)

That's a lot of raw pepper!

Josh

• stoneys_fatali
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yeah ob, real burger. BBQ :-)

It was pretty hot josh but the flavor of those peppers is phenomenal!

Stoney

• User
    9 years ago

That looks good! I've never had a red savina but I have some seeds so next year for sure.
    Randal

• stoneys_fatali
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Just for the record, I got these pods from JutsFL.
    I too will grow this one next season.
    You won't be disappointed Randal.
    One of the best tasting hots I've had.

Stoney

This post was edited by stoneys_fatali on Fri, Aug 15, 14 at 23:24

• scott123456
    9 years ago

This looks good made me want a burger!

I'm a little slow can you walk me through the layers. It looks like peppers then cheese then tomatoe then bread then cheese then a pineapple?

• User
    9 years ago

I got my seeds from puckerbutt and to be honest I'm a little scared of the heat they probably are gonna have.
    Randal

• DMForcier
    9 years ago

Red Savina used to be "the world's hottest", back when the Indian and Caribbean varieties hadn't been "discovered". It's pretty dang warm, but IMO not really a cutting-edge superhot. I put it just a notch above the fataliis and even with the chocolate habs.

Now, all that granted, have 911 pre-dialed if your previous pepper experience is habanero-level.

Dennis

• stoneys_fatali
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Scott it was in this order:

Bun, chopped Savina, thousand island, provolone melted on meat, mayo, bun.

Stoney

• seysonn
    9 years ago

Yeah, agree with Josh. that is a lot of heat.

I make ham sandwich like that but with things like green Thai Hot, Serrano. Then top it with some melting cheese then broil it for a few minute ; Still hot enough for me.

• stoneys_fatali
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have a high tolerance for heat I guess :-)

Stoney

• tomt226
    9 years ago

Looks great!
    I like to add some Bhut puree to my 80/20 ground beef patty and mix it separately from DW's. Stand back when you grill it though, as the "pepper spray" will git yuh in the eyes.
    80/20 ground lamb with some thick Piri-piri mixed in is good too. The lemon juice really works.

• jutsFL
    9 years ago

Lookin good, now I want a burger... I'm out in Colorado right now - so there won't be any of my peppers to add the heat :/

Jay

• Suzi AKA DesertDance So CA Zone 9b
    9 years ago

And I was worried about the poor squashed cat! Wow!

• tomt226
    9 years ago

desertdance,
    We call'em "roof rabbits" down here. Or "tacos del Gato..."

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    9 years ago

Nice lookin sammy stoney! looks like plenty of heat but i bet with the cheese, it was just enough to get the brow sweat going and still be palatable.

This is why I moved away from habs and such though. In order for me to get the heat i wanted from them, I would add too many that the flavor muted the rest of the dish. I like citrus but not TOO much. So, I tend to stray towards the berry flavors of Bhuts and Nagas rather than the citrus of habs, 7Pots, and many other CARIBBEAN varieties. Just my preference, I guess.

Kevin

• User
    9 years ago

I grilled burgers over apple wood this evening. Then sliced orange habs, onion, tomato, and some Anaheim I pickled. It was phenomenal! Good smoky heat!
    Thanks for the insperation Stoney.
    Randal

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor