Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can anyone identify?

Posted by don555 3a (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 29, 11 at 20:58

I bought a package of ornamental pepper seeds and planted them back in March. This one is supposed to be "Firestorm", but the picture on the package shows skinny red and yellow cayenne-like peppers rising above the foliage. Obviously not what I have. There are 4 plants in an outdoor planter and they all seem to be the same, so it wasn't like there was one rogue seed in the pack, the whole pack is mislabelled. The peppers usually start off deep purple but sometimes yellowy-green, and as they get older they become purple and yellow mixed. I don't think any are mature yet, so I don't know the final colour with certainty. Any guesses?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can anyone identify?

• Posted by esox07 4, S. Cent Wisc (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 30, 11 at 3:22

I wont venture a guess but quite a pretty plant you have there.
Bruce

o

Hey There - the size and color are just like my NuMex Twilight, but my plants are not growing like a vine, they are tall and straight.

Photobucket

o

Thanks! That is very close, I see from searching after you tipped me off that Numex Centennial is very similar too. So it's got to be one of those or at least have a lot of the same parentage. Good to know, thanks again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here