Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kclost

Reaper Insanity?

kclost
9 years ago

Maybe I should submit for a new world record with this pod.... Have several well endowed specimens, lol...

This post was edited by kclost on Tue, Aug 19, 14 at 21:40

Comments (22)

• kclost
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good year....

• DMForcier
    9 years ago

Okay, I'm trying to come up with a zinger about sexual reproduction in plants, but I'm shooting blanks here.

Give me a moment.

I'll be in my bunk.

• obchili
    9 years ago

Damn, a couple actually look like they are flipping the bird at me. Damn peppers!

• stoneys_fatali
    9 years ago

Those look crazy!

Stoney

• toolstack
    9 years ago

Man those look mean!

• plantsman56
    9 years ago

Yea, that one on the left looks like it's flipping you off! Those are some nice looking pods. They are very bumpy and very consistent looking. These have to be from the same plant, right? Looks like a great plant to use for breeding to make more quality plants. Have you ever bit off the end of one of those tails? It's almost sweet without all the bad burn.

• judo_and_peppers
    9 years ago

wow. beautiful. I need to get seeds from YOU this year.

so far I've gotten 2 reaper pods this year. neither have tails. oh well. they all look the same to my blender.

• Enocelot
    9 years ago

Bloody hell, I am hiccuping just looking at those buggers....

• sandysgardens
    9 years ago

KC - Those are some wicked looking reaper tails. I'm growing two reaper plants this year; and out of several dozen pods on each plant only a few have tails to speak of.

You'll have to let us know if they taste as wicked as they look.

Sandy

• kclost
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I am saving the seeds from all the pods shown in the picture and even more. So they will be ready for the Trade....

• flipback23
    9 years ago

Those look awesome

• tom_92
    9 years ago

Mean looking peppers!

• DMForcier
    9 years ago

Dibs. I call dibs!!

Dennis

• kclost
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Got it Dennis... Email me your address again...

This post was edited by kclost on Thu, Aug 21, 14 at 9:20

• DMForcier
    9 years ago

Dibs sent.

Thanks!

• green_passion
    9 years ago

Insanity :)

• pepperdave
    9 years ago

Starting to get Reapers in NJ looks like Im going to have a lot.I deseed before dehydrating all my peppers. No gloves required,you get pretty good at it after about 100 lbs. Then its time to pick more

• pepperdave
    9 years ago

All of these are dry now. Picked um Sunday. Need to pick more after work. Need to pick Beach Plums too,Days are too short and getting shorter.

• kuvaszlvr
    9 years ago

How depressing.. none of mine have tails, on either of my plants. And I got my seeds from Ed. Mine just look like small bumpy habs (shape wise)... I'll have to take some pics... I'm sad.
    Pam

• kclost
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Pam, not all of my pods look like those. Here is another pic that shows my last harvest and is more representative... I just isolated those crazy ones for the previous pic.

• TNKS
    9 years ago

Again further proof the reaper is over rated
    It is very unstable in all aspects of results
    I have pods that are no hotter then starfish,I have pods that are more bitter then moruga's(seeds from Currie)
    Then I have poster child pods from other seed sources that are true pheno type.

Not hating on the OP crop,but many have stingers of that size pretty regularly.
    Its a scorpion strain visual trait nothing more

• scgreenthumb1987
    9 years ago

i had ... keyword had... 3 reaper plants. true to form, easily the heat expected, great taste. the mouth burn was within my tolerance, but the gut burn almost shut me down. problem i have with the reaper is the plant itself. all 3 died for no apparent reason after producing only a few pods. over 500 plants i have and those are the only ones ive lost.pity, i rather liked the flavor.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner