Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trinidad Scorpion Appearance

Posted by botanicat z7 NW GA (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 19, 14 at 22:43

Do all the T. Scorpion peppers have that rough appearance? I have some (or so I thought) that have the definite scorpion shapes complete with curved stinger but are smooth skinned like a habanero. Are there some other possibilities?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trinidad Scorpion Appearance

I think only the Trinidad Moruga Scorpions have the rough or bumpy skin.

o

Botanicat, that may be an interesting hybrid..... if they taste good you may want to save some seeds.

o

Trinidad Scorpion 'Butch T' Strain?

Here is a link that might be useful: Johnston's Evergreen Nursery Site

o

northeast chileman-- that looks a lot like them though mine are less dark red and more shaped like a child's spinning top toy. I'll try to post a photo.

o

I will attempt to post a photo of these peppers.

o

"Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel"

- The Jewish version of me

o

@ botanicat:

Posted by Enocelot
"Botanicat, that may be an interesting hybrid..... if they taste good you may want to save some seeds."

It does appear to be a cross, where did the seeds come from?

o

botanicat, I too would like to know where you got your seeds from. Your pods are the closest thing I've seen to my favorite Scorpion FG's. Squatter without the thin stinger but close!

Regardless, please save some and I'll trade you for 3 or 4 varieties of other Scorpions for them

Send me an email via my profile.

o

I couldn't swear to it but I think they are from the swap this past winter but could be from some saved seeds from last year although mine last year didn't look like that. The envelope from the swap is white and has a sticker on it with a pepper in a chef's hat. I will save seeds.

o

Mystery solved? I found my label for these and it said Billy Goat. I got the seeds from the last year's swap. They don't look exactly like the photos I see on line and they measure about 1.25" in diameter and about 1.5 long not counting stem with some a little larger. I think I'll make some jelly with them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here