Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
botanicat

Trinidad Scorpion Appearance

botanicat
9 years ago

Do all the T. Scorpion peppers have that rough appearance? I have some (or so I thought) that have the definite scorpion shapes complete with curved stinger but are smooth skinned like a habanero. Are there some other possibilities?

Comments (17)

• GatorDave
    9 years ago

I think only the Trinidad Moruga Scorpions have the rough or bumpy skin.

• Enocelot
    9 years ago

Botanicat, that may be an interesting hybrid..... if they taste good you may want to save some seeds.

• northeast_chileman
    9 years ago

Trinidad Scorpion 'Butch T' Strain?

Here is a link that might be useful: Johnston's Evergreen Nursery Site

• botanicat
    Original Author
    9 years ago

northeast chileman-- that looks a lot like them though mine are less dark red and more shaped like a child's spinning top toy. I'll try to post a photo.

• botanicat
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I will attempt to post a photo of these peppers.

• DMForcier
    9 years ago

"Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel"

- The Jewish version of me

• northeast_chileman
    9 years ago

@ botanicat:

Posted by Enocelot
    "Botanicat, that may be an interesting hybrid..... if they taste good you may want to save some seeds."

It does appear to be a cross, where did the seeds come from?

• ottawapepper
    9 years ago

botanicat, I too would like to know where you got your seeds from. Your pods are the closest thing I've seen to my favorite Scorpion FG's. Squatter without the thin stinger but close!

Regardless, please save some and I'll trade you for 3 or 4 varieties of other Scorpions for them

Send me an email via my profile.

• botanicat
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I couldn't swear to it but I think they are from the swap this past winter but could be from some saved seeds from last year although mine last year didn't look like that. The envelope from the swap is white and has a sticker on it with a pepper in a chef's hat. I will save seeds.

• botanicat
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mystery solved? I found my label for these and it said Billy Goat. I got the seeds from the last year's swap. They don't look exactly like the photos I see on line and they measure about 1.25" in diameter and about 1.5 long not counting stem with some a little larger. I think I'll make some jelly with them.

• BryanP.
    9 years ago

I am trying to track down as many Trinidad scorpion peppers as I can to make and can a bunch of salsa. Does anyone out there have an abundant harvest that would be willing to share? If so, you can email me at elijahseye@yahoo.com with the details to make arrangements for receipt of same.
    Thanks for the help!
    BryanP.

• northeast_chileman
    9 years ago

Fresh Trinidad Scorpion Moruga from Bakers Peppers.

Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Fresh Peppers - 1 SFRB

• northeast_chileman
    9 years ago

Fresh Trinidad Scorpion Moruga from Bakers Peppers.

Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Fresh Peppers - 1 SFRB

• OKgrowin
    9 years ago

yeah don't order from bakers and he's sold out anyway.

• DMForcier
    9 years ago

Hey! Was that a duplicate post ?!?

In a month, this post will be totally incomprehensible.

• BryanP.
    9 years ago

Have a "side question" in regards to the Trinidad Scorpions. When it comes to growing them how long should I expect from the time the seed is planted until it becomes a fruit producing plant, and what conditions should I provide (doing this indoors to prepare for next season) as far as lighting, soil type, conditions, etc.? What is the average number of peppers one should expect per T.S. plant? Can I get some input from the experienced growers here? Thanks for your prior responses about finding some actual fruit available, and for the growing info answering these new questions in advance!

• OKgrowin
    9 years ago

1. how long from seed to fuit? 80-90 days in good conditions
    2. what conditions? 70-90 degree farenheight, a fan to simulate wind / airflow, good draining soil and nutrients, water when they need it.
    3. number of peppers depends on how big you let the plant get, in a small 1 gallon you can get maybe 30 peppers, in 3 gallon maybe 50 peppers, in 5 gallon maybe 70 peppers, in 100 gallon 500+ peppers. thats for a year, if you do it indoor grow 24/7 then probably can get more.

Sponsored