Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
judo_and_peppers

observations about this forum

judo_and_peppers
10 years ago

something really jumped out at me today. I am one of the admins of an online judo forum, and judo and gardening are similar in that there are a great many opinions on how all but the basics are done. but it seems gardening is unique in that people don't get all bent outta shape over those differences. I see no fighting on here at all. I guess there's something about growing hot peppers that just doesn't mix with angry people. and that's awesome.

I guess what I'm trying to say is thanks for the good experience. this place is awesome.

Comments (15)

• seysonn
    10 years ago

I agree. Those who love Hot peppers have mild cool temper. lol

• SgtPepper
    10 years ago

There have been occasions when the trolls descend to cause discord around here, as they always try to do wherever they go, but they soon find their desired effect is minimal and ignored quickly. It's hard to create division with pepper growers. After all, we know how to deal with parasites of all kinds.

• CanadianLori
    10 years ago

Of course we're all calm- we get to play in dirt and water without any reservation- nothing can ruin that good time!

• jifjifjif
    10 years ago

Well said, Jason. I agree. The e-cig forum for vapers is very similar.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Yes, pepper folk are a rare breed....

Take a look at the Hot Topics Forum here at GardenWeb if you want to see rude, argumentative people! :-)

Just open with Global Warming or Guns....

Josh

• mctiggs
    10 years ago

Agreed! Since joining in April I've learned so, so, so much, and I have been humbled, which is a good thing.

• robshaylia
    10 years ago

I believe it's the overwhelming generosity of the people on here, and the lack of negativity (I.E. money, power, greed) that makes this forum what it is, one of the best!

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    10 years ago

I agree, dirt, water, fertilizers, and great people to chat with and share information with is awesome, who could get mad about that. Not to mention seed trading, seed give aways, and event held seed swaps. I am just waiting for the hot pepper harvest convention held somewhere in a warm zone where we can meet everyone, trade seeds, sauces, and powders. Or sell whatever, killer BBQ's Oh sorry day dreaming back on topic y'all are awesome!

Mark

• CanadianLori
    10 years ago

Hey McTiggs- a very good friend of mine from Winnipeg just arrived in Manitoba for a visit. Both he and my hubby like hot stuff. They are my guinea pigs for hot pepper creations. They both roll their eyes when I tell them I'm on a pepper forum but with all of the help here, I'm going to be able to change those roll eyes to bug eyes!! I'll save some of the nasty stuff for his return :)

• mctiggs
    10 years ago

No way! Small world. I guarantee it'll blow his mind - the selection at supermarkets and farmer's markets here is quite vanilla, usually Jalapenos and Serranos are all you can find - sometimes green thai chiles, and (if you're extremely lucky) orange habaneros.

A 7-Pot would blow his face off!

• judo_and_peppers
    Original Author
    10 years ago

seriously you'd be amazed how much I have to delete on the judo forum every week. people get so tied up over things that don't really even affect them, and lash out at everyone within reading range. you guys seem to readily accept other schools of thought, and wish people the best of luck when they break from accepted practices. that wouldn't happen over there. and it didn't really stick out to me until I got here, and saw that not all forums are the same.

and if I didn't already like this forum enough, a package from Tim (peppernovice) just arrived with a large number of seed varieties, and lots of seeds of each. and I didn't even send him a SASE. Tim is now officially my new hero, but the rest of you guys are still pretty awesome.

thanks again!

• noinwi
    10 years ago

All those Capsaicin endorphins keep us mellow!

• rodnebridges
    10 years ago

The difference here is we are all trying to do the same thing, not beat one another !!

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    10 years ago

I purge most of my animosity in various Facebook chile groups...seems I'm forever telling folks to stop calling/trading/selling their Nagas as Bhut Jolokia! :-D

Josh

• seysonn
    10 years ago

Posted by noinwi Z8 Kitsap Peninsula (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 14, 13 at 16:39

All those Capsaicin endorphins keep us mellow!

You nailed it right on the head, noinwi.
    It must be the "Capsaicin endorphins " effect.

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus