Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandpapertongue

Holy hot Cherry Bombs

Sandpaper Tongue
10 years ago

Complete garden newbie here, and today I ate my very first home grown hot pepper! It was a Cherry Bomb and had turned 85% red, and probably could have gone another few days, but I was way too excited and inpatient.

Seared it to remove the skin, removed ribs and seeds, then drizzled with olive oil and stuffed it cream cheese (sadly no prosciutto or similar meats on hand today), popped it into my mouth and....

AUGH!!!! That thing was so spicy! I swear, I eat spicy foods, I chow down on jalapenos like they are cucumbers, I cook regularly with Thai peppers, serranos, and the like. My favorite salsa is Mrs. Renfro's habanero. I did not consider myself a wimp! I thought Cherry Bombs were way down on the Scoville scale. But this one pepper had me guzzling milk. I took my contacts out hours later (after washing my hands 10x), and my eyeballs are still burning.

Are home grown peppers much, much hotter than store bought ones? My hat is off to you posters who are regularly chowing down on Bhuts and the like!

Comments (9)

Sponsored