Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pepper ID, Bhut or some weird Habanero

Posted by BGMayagi (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 25, 11 at 23:05

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I started growing these plants since last fall, they are suppose to be Ghost Chili's and I took the seeds from some dehydrated chili's my uncle purchased online. They started outside and were inside for the winter(I live in Mass.). They lost all there leaves at one point after a bad aphid infestation and took off really good this spring. These pictures were taken a month ago and the only difference is that some of the peppers have purplish coloring at the top, some what in streaks while other peppers are turning gradually orangish but still very light green. They are all from the same batch of chili's and have been maturing very SLOWLY. They don't look quite habaneroish as they're pointier and not as smooth but not quite the typical Bhut either and I'm aware alot of sites are selling Habs. as Bhuts. That's All the facts and Im wondering what's the verdict on these plants?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pepper ID, Bhut or some weird Habanero

not bhut's- peppers your uncle got had been cross-pollinated by lord knows what (although likely a hab from the looks of it), this is why not to save pepper seed from peppers of unknown origin... they cross-pollinate like mad.

o

Looks like a hab. But i enjoy saving peppers from open pods. I think it is cool if you grow or create your own special pepper. You can always buy or trade for pure seeds. And your plant looks awesome!

o

I agree, looks like a hab-bhut cross... it will be interesting to see how much heat on your peppers, which look very healthy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here