Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
technochimp89

Season Ending - Seed Trade

technochimp89
9 years ago

The season is starting to wrap up for me here in the Seattle area; already saw leaves falling today. Of course I'm already wanting to find something for next year. I have a variety of seeds I've harvested from plants grown from seed that were so generously donated by Otawapepper earlier this year.

My daughter will be turning two in a couple of weeks, so I want to make sure my pepper varieties next year are very minimal to no heat, but still interesting.

I have the following seeds to trade. If you're interested in anything, let me know.

Bhut Jalokia
Bhut Jalokia - Chocolate
Bhut Jalokia - Yellow
Bonda Ma Jacques
Carvo *See notes in comment below
Chinese 5 Color
Numex Twilight
Scotch Bonnet - Chocolate
Takanotsume
Trinidad Scorpion Moruga

This post was edited by TechnoChimp on Wed, Sep 3, 14 at 11:31

Comments (32)

• peppers_galore
    9 years ago

What is a carvo? A quick google search did not show anything relevant.

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Howdy Techno,

I'm interested in your Chinese 5 Color and/or Numex Twilight. I have some milder peppers listed on my trade list. Take a peek and let me know if you'd like to trade.

• technochimp89
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Peppers_Galore, a buddy had gotten me some seeds at the beginning of this year that were supposed to be ghost chili seeds. Upon growing, all of the peppers have turned out completely different and nothing like a ghost pepper. They have the same flavor, but less heat. They're most likely some unstable cross, and may or may not grow the same the next time around. I've decided to just name them after the guy that got them for me, and consider it a mystery seed. I'll post pictures of some of the peppers from the plant tomorrow.

Erica, I'll take a look and let you know.

• djoyofficial
    9 years ago

+1 peppers_galore
    +1 techno for being honest.
    At least put a * next to seeds that aren't: stable or isolated.

Thnx
    dj

• t-bones
    9 years ago

I would be interested in a trade for some scotch bonnet chocolate. I have some kaleidoscope peppers that are just starting to change color. I have yet to get a ripe one but I believe they are mild to low heat. Let me know if you are interested.

Tim

• technochimp89
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Tim, I'd be interested in some kaleidoscope peppers. I have my first Scotch Bonnet ripening now with about a dozen more right behind it. I'll send you over an e-mail to work out the details.

• DMForcier
    9 years ago

When did you start the Chocolate SBs? Seems awfully late for them to be first ripening. Last year I had a crop in June (albeit in GA).

If they are true, I'd like some seeds.

Recommend Cubanelle and Alma Paprika for mild(er) peppers. Also Poblano.

Dennis

• technochimp89
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dennis, everything was started in February but this is my first year growing and we don't get a whole lot of sun here in the Seattle area. I have a handful of pods that I just pulled off, and several more are just about ripe.

Here's a picture of everything I have on hand. If these all look legit, please let me know. I want to make sure any seeds I'm handing out are actually what I think they are.

• scorion1
    9 years ago

I am interested in some of your seeds.I got a few differ types of mild pepper also some with no heat.

• seysonn
    9 years ago

Maybe too early for some of us to think about seeds for the next season.:-)
    How about sometime in November or December that we have nothing else to do , as far as gardening is concerned?
    I am saying this because I don't have any ripe pods as of now but I hope and expect to have some later, in a month or so.
    Probably I will be looking into some Fatalii,Scotch Bonnet, Red Savina. But have nothing to trade right now.

• technochimp89
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Scorion, send me an email and let's work out a trade. (Tommy.Grissom@gmail.com)

Seysonn, I will definitely start another round of trading at the end of the year, and should still have a good sized tradable seed stock.

• DMForcier
    9 years ago

Hard to see the dark ones but everything looks legit. Hope you get some more pods.

Dennis

• pat44th
    9 years ago

I love to have your Chinese 5 Color ,Numex Twilight and Takanotsume. But all pepper that I have are hot.
    If you can find something in my list to trade, I will be very happy.

Please let me know.
    Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/pat44th

• technochimp89
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Pat, I'll take a look and send you an email.

• brian6464
    9 years ago

Techno,

I grew out 30+ varieties this year, many of which I received form user Leif Erickson on this forum.

I'd be interested in some seeds of Chocolate Bhut.

The non-spicy seeds I have available include

Friariello (sweet frying pepper)
    Giant Aconcagua (long sweet frying pepper)
    Crunch Sweet Orange (Bell-limited since each fruit sets 5-6 seeds only)
    Sheepnose (Bell)
    Mini Bell (prolific producer of golf ball or slightly larger sized peppers).

I have a few others that range from sweet up to about Jalapeno heat. Everything else is 50,000 SHU up to Reaper heat.

LMK. Thanks.

• technochimp89
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Brian, the giant aconcagua looks interesting. I'll send you an email.

• Artax97
    9 years ago

Oh, man... would really like several of those. I have all kinds of sweet bells (red, orange, yellow), mini bell and yummy bell seeds, as well as mild hots such as anahein, and goat horn

• timmyboywonder
    9 years ago

I am interested in a few seeds of the following:

Bhut Jalokia - Chocolate
    Scotch Bonnet - Chocolate
    Trinidad Scorpion Moruga

I have some Cayenne and Serrano I can trade you . Sorry I dont have anything fancy I just started my seed collection this year. PM me if interested

• siouxzin
    9 years ago

Techno, Also near Seattle :) and interested in:

Bonda Ma Jacques
    Chinese 5 Color

T-Bones

Kaleidescope (sounds cool)

brian6464 I haven't tried any of the ones you listed!

Ok all, here is my list:
    One thing I am curious about is how many seeds you guys send? Some of these I don't have a lot of for some reason. anyhow:

Ornamentals:
    Garda Chandalier
    Black Prince
    Black Pearl
    Fireworks
    Christmas Pepper (This one grew like a weed and had really pretty peppers)
    Bolivian Rainbow
    Easter
    Thai Hot (I put this in the ornamental category because they were tiny peppers (size of a marble) and very bushy. Peppers were little firecrackers though and tasted pretty good

Non-Ornamentals:

Guajillo
    Chiltelpin
    Hungarian Yellow Wax
    Sweet Cherry
    Fish Pepper
    Serrano
    Ancho Poblano
    Jalapeno
    Cajun Belle
    Burning Bush Habanero (this thing was disapointing to be honest)
    Pasillo Bajio
    Cheyenne (this one I did NOT grow from seed and found it at Ace Hardware but the peppers were awesome and huge. probably a hybrid not sure)
    Annaheim
    Santaka Hot Asian
    Joe E Parker
    Bulgarian Carrot
    Red Peter

May have more later, still harvesting stuff and have a Brazilian Ghost and Allepo inside that has pods.

This post was edited by Siouxzn on Sun, Sep 21, 14 at 1:17

• seysonn
    9 years ago

As I said before, it is too early for me to get in this, since I have nothing to trade yet. Eventually I might have just a few.
    But I would interested in getting one or all of the following:

==Scotch Bonnet
    == Choc Hab
    == Red Fatalii

I am growing following with possible seeds production:

--- Thai Hot (already have ripe pods)
    --- Lemon Drop (any time)
    --- Red Hab ( Iffy to ripe )
    --- Manzano (Hopefully)
    -- Chinese 5-C ( Already have ripe pods)
    --- Shishito (on the way)
    --- Pepperoncini (almost there)
    --- Jalapeno ( have the ripe pods)

DISCLAIMER: I have not protected anything from possible crossing. But my planted seeds have been pure.
    All in all, I am just a "newbie" in this business :-)

• technochimp89
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you everyone for the trades so far. I still have plenty of seeds if anyone else is interested. In particular I'm looking for:

Trinidad Perfume
    Jimmy Nardello
    Tobago Seasoning
    Numex Suave Orange / Red

Also if you have anything that's interesting that's not a pepper, let me know.

• technochimp89
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Timmy, I don't see your email listed in your profile. Feel free to send me an email to setup a trade. Tommy.Grissom@gmail.com

Siouxzn and Seysonn. I'll send you an email here shortly.

• siouxzin
    9 years ago

Techno, I have a few trinidad perfume seeds. I didn't list it because I don't have many but I will send you a couple! :)

• jtight
    9 years ago

I orchestrated a 20+ person seed swap last year during holidays. Am looking to do again, provided there is enough interest.

Johnny

• t-bones
    9 years ago

siouxzn
    you have mail

Tim

• siouxzin
    9 years ago

Tim

I tried to respond but it said I cannot (your email is hidden)

• siouxzin
    9 years ago

Johnny, I am game

• Orekoc
    9 years ago

Tommy -

I can't find the link on your page to send you an e-mail, you must have hidden or something. I'm interested in :
    Bonda Ma Jacques
    Carvo

I've got some commericial seed of Trinidad Perfume and seed for Feferoni sladki Ferdi, the picture looks similar to an Italian frying pepper. It is described as a mid-early sweet pepper 12 - 15 cm long roughly 4 - 6 inches long. The seeds are from 2009, so should be still good. Let me know if you are interested.

• byron_pdx
    9 years ago

Johnny,

I'd like to get in on the seed swap. I've got a few different kinds that I've not seen mentioned above (and several that have been mentioned).

Would love to get some Aji Jovito/Jobito seeds...

Thanks,
    --Byron.

• technochimp89
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Siouxzn, it was great to meet up with you and trade seeds. Also, thank you again for the sapling, I really appreciate it.

Orekoc, I'll send you an email.

Johnny, I'm also interested.

• jtight
    9 years ago

I'll start a separate thread, for swap, a/ we can discuss within.

Johnny

• siouxzin
    9 years ago

Tommy

Was nice to meet you too! :)

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists