Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brian6464

Plant/Seed Trade - MN

brian6464
9 years ago

Not sure if people do this, but thought I would throw it out there. Is there anyone in the Minneapolis area with space and desire to overwinter a plant(s)?

I have ~30 varieties of peps in pots/buckets. Most are healthy and have been productive as first year plants. They are a little water logged right now due to all the rain we have been having, but they will be fine. Once they dry out this weekend, I will be doing a last round of nutrients.

Rather than me tossing them, you could get a big head start next spring.

I overwintered 1 Red Savina/Caribbean Red from last year. It got a late start the first year and only gave me around 10 peps. This year, I have harvested over 200 and the plant still looks like this:

You can't see them all, but there are between 75-100 more peps. So I went from 10 peps to 300 peps by just letting it sit by my patio door, watering it once or twice a week and pruning it back once. Easy!

I have put a lot of time into the plants, so if anyone wants to take one for next year, I'd just ask for some seeds or supplies in trade. Or even a couple peppers from your harvest not mentioned in my list.

I have plants like Butch T Scorpion on the left and Reaper on the right:

Left to Right: Naga Morich Jalokia, 7 Pot Brain Strain, Moruga Scorpion:

Many more like Mustard Hab, Golden Hab, Tasmanian Hab, West Indian Hab, Fatalli, 7 Pot, Francisca, Bonda Ma Jacques, Numex Twilight, Black Pearl, Choc Scotch, Orange Scotch.

I also have some in the ground which could be potted up and taken inside: Inca Red Drop, Chimayo, Orange Sweet Crunch, Teapot, Paper Lantern, Friariello, Giant Aconcagua, Hot Portugal, Sheepnose, Fish.

I have or will have seeds from most of these as well.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County