Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scott123456_gw

hot peppers and cancer

scott123456
10 years ago

One of the great things about my love for hot peppers is that they are actually good for me, or are they? I have read many articles that claim capsaicin can increase your metabolism, reduce appetite, lower blood pressure, have anti histamine properties, get rid of headaches, prevent ulcers, prevent heartburn, stop arthritis pain, and even kill cancer cells (prostate, lung, breast). I often quote these articles to family and friends as fact. SO you would understand why I was disturbed when I heard, and then read, something about capsaicin causing a certain type of stomach cancer. In the article about capsaicin killing prostate cancer cells, it warned against increasing capsaicin in your diet to try to slow prostate cancer ( for people hat already had prostate cancer) because capsaicin may also cause stomach cancer. Have any of you heard anything about this? In a related topic I saw that a study showed that pickled foods could cause a certain type of esophageal and stomach cancer. Have any of you read anything about this?

Oh please tell me it is not true, I was counting on the peppers to make up for my other vices lol.

Comments (4)

Sponsored