Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
preping scorpions, and ghost for winter indoors

Posted by datil (wayne@datilsensation.com) on
Wed, Sep 15, 10 at 5:18

Hi, thought I would share this with you, I have several scorpions, and ghost chili's they are in 1 gallon pots, they are about 3' tall, I cut them down about 60% of their height, In a week or so they begin budding out at cut, and up and down the stock. For me it makes it much eiser keeping them indoors, I do this as a expierment, usually I start from seed each January. I have found the newly seeded peppers do much more fruit production than the older chili's.I have four plants out side,I am picking about 30-40 peppers every few days, they are maturing now at a very fast rate, the chili's are 10+'tall, I fertilized them one time when I planted them on may 15th. one hand full of rabbit manure, I have plenty of ghost, and scorpion seeds, if interested contact wayne@datilsensation.com or 423-292-2472 thank you, Datil

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: preping scorpions, and ghost for winter indoors

I would love some seeds I will email you . Thank you.

o

• Posted by addaboy 8 (Macon, Georgia) (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 15, 10 at 23:40

Wow ! Datil
They really sound like beautiful plants .I got stuck with seeds last yr..that were not what I ordered..Mr Ravi has been kind enough to send me a few seeds...Do you have any pic's to post of your Jolokia's . Thanx Dave in Ga. (PS) I may be needing a few seeds also Mr Ravi wasn't sure as how many he could send as he was helping so many other people out Good Man this Mr Ravi..

o
RE: Preping Scorpions, and Ghost for winter indoors

Here's a picture of the Ghost & Scorpion Peppers that I was referrencing......

Thanks,

Wayne

a href="http://s1178.photobucket.com/albums/x369/DatilSensation/?action=view¤t=Sept2nd2010plantsandgreenhseroof029.jpg" target="_blank">Harvesting Ghost Peppers

o

Here's a close-up.....picture from July 2010

Ghost Pepper Plant

o
RE: Sweet Datil Pepper Plant

Sweet Datil Pepper Plant

o

Superb growing!
Those are giant, healthy plants.

Josh

o

Beautiful plants indeed but the first pic is a naga morich and the second isn't a scorpion. Sorry to say. :(

o

Sorry I see know the last pic isn't suppose to be a scorpion.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here