Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wannabe peppermaster

Posted by mikeysab NY (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 12, 13 at 6:44

Hi all. Just wanted to drop in and say wassup. I'm pretty new to gardening and seem to have the most luck with peppers, so next year my pepper production will be expanding. Besides, with names like ghost, scorpion and reaper, who wouldn't wanna grow em. This year i grew a habanero and a cayenne that did pretty good. Looking for a place that sells seeds. If someone could link me or send me a pm with a reputable source, i'd appreciate that. I also wouldn't mind a donation of seeds if anyone wants to see thair seeds grown by another grower.

I look forward to learning as much as i can by next season from all you pepper gurus. Thanks for the wealth of information here.

Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wannabe peppermaster

Welcome and allow me to be the first to say your in the right place. These chili heads on here know their stuff and have helped me immensely. Personally I don't trust ant source anymore but these folk. I've been jipped several times from other places.

o

Thanks sc. Been reading up a lot and trying to retain as much as i can. Definitely don't want bell pepper seeds thinking they're superhots.

o

Yw. I got "red bhut" seeds off eBay that I still can't figure out what these peppers are lol. Waiting for them to turn color so these guys can identify.

o

It's really to late in the year to start growing, so wait for Bonnie (the Seed Fairy) to start her seed swap, in like November. (There are a couple others too) Even if you don't have anything to trade, you will get a raft of goodies that you can start in January.

Peppers are a great "amateur" crop. Good luck!

Dennis

o

I am also looking for seeds source for the next year.
I have come across couple of internet stores : Park Seeds , Pepper Gal.. just to name a few.

The thing is that I just need a few seeds of each, not 25 or 30.
I wonder if there are sellers who sell small packets ?

Obviously, I am not in trading seeds since I have nothing to exchange.

o

mikeysab and seysonn,

You don't have email links activated on your profiles. email me via mine, I can set you up with some interesting varieties for 2014.

Bill

p.s. Heather has also hosted and annual pepper and tomato seed swap in Nov/Dec for the past few years.

This post was edited by ottawapepper on Sat, Sep 14, 13 at 8:09

o

Thanks so much ottowa. Lemme figure out how to do this now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here