Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
is this a ghost?

Posted by andyandy 6bMI (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 13, 12 at 7:27

This is the first of my peppers to completely change from green. It;s not nearly the biggest one on this plant. Please look and tell me if it looks like a ghost. It would have finished changing color a couple of nights ago. I'd like to make chili tonight. Should it get any hotter if I leve it on a few more days. It's my first so I'm getting a little impatient. There is a much larger one that will be completely red maybe even tonight that is on a different plant.

thanx,
Andy

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: is this a ghost?

Hi Andy, attached a Ghost pod for comparison, I just picked it this morning could have let it get darker red. The colors should be green then orange then red. The shape of the one you have pictured does not look like its a Ghost pod. It's more of a long habanero type. The skin looks too smooth. Bhuts have bumpy skin and usually spurs that are like mini spikes.

Mark

o
RE: is this a ghost??

Here are some pods on the plant itself also for comparison. IF you would like seeds let me know, just shoot me an email.

Mark

o

great, thank you I'll print your pictures off and compare when I get home. In any case I will pick tonight for my chili

o

Nope.
Not a ghost.
Looks like some kind of red pepper to me... :)

Here is a link that might be useful: This is a ghost

o

i will have to agree with smokemaster. Not a bhut, but some kind of red pepper. Lol, good one

o

Definitely not a ghost. Unless you got the seeds from Pepper Joe, in which case it most definitely is a ghost and you're just seeing pod variation.

o

I got my seeds fro Whatcom seed company. I think the pack may have ben miss-marked. i tokk a nibble of of this last night. it was hot but not like a ghost. I used it in a pot of chili I made alst night.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here