Birgit's Locoto

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Pods can get over 3 1/2 inches long. Once they ripen to red they are absolutely delicious. I love 'em. This plant has well over a hundred pods. Next year I'll start my baccatums way earlier in hopes more will ripen before frost here in Cincinnati, Ohio.

This 4' by 4' square foot garden (6" raised bed) worked very well for 4 pepper plants. The roots aren't too near the outside edges, so the roots have room to spread (very important). This Birgit's Locoto grew 52 1/2 inches (134 centimeters) tall and 59 inches (150 centimeters) wide. I highly recommend using lots of mulch on any raised bed. Don't worry about covering over your measuring lines, because you can easily brush the mulch aside if you need to find 'em. Mulch!

Thank you smokemaster2007 for the seeds. Thank you everyone who traded or gave me seeds.h

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Birgit's Locoto Pics in Square Foot Garden

Very nice looking plant and pictures.

john

o

I forgot to mention, the heat level is about 40 to 50 thousand Scovilles, I'd say.

Thank you for your compliment, fiedlermeister. I'm honored.

o

_____

Pretty and prolific--nice to see. I have seedlings that burst out sooner than expected.

Too bad these aren't cold-hardy perennials. From the plant size, we could have chile hedges!

_____

o

WoW! That plants loaded with fruit. Very nice.

Is that a Brazilian Starfish to the right?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here