Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meteorea

Teyo's firegarden

teyo
10 years ago

Thought i'd make a topic with some of my experiences and pics of this year, before the season ends :)
Some of you may remember my posts from earlier in the year, i posted pretty regularly in the early parts of the season, when the plants needed a lot of attention. then things slowly caught their rhythm and i had less time with other stuff.

so here are my plants now

and this is what i hauled in yesterday

there were plenty of harvests along this one to satisfy even the wildest chilli cravings :D

anyhow,as you may notice from the images, my plants are still mostly in very small pots, i have only two in something about 15 l, the rest are in 7 and 3, and a couple in construction bags. I stuck with bark based media, only i increased the amount of fired clay so the media was even less absorptive. instead i put the plants on a tarp and made little pools for them. then i kept the tarp watered up as much as possible, with the pots swimming in there. it worked beautifully and created a sort of semi-hydro grow setup.

piri piri, these guys are indestructible

a large chocolate bhut

tsbt

limon, the crazy little bugger

habanero el remo

tsbt

choco bhut that has since matured

jonah, also since matured

and the devil himself, chocolate scorpion

now i'm looking forward to overwintering some plants, i will not have to repot most of them, just cut down and leave them in their awesome unclogging media :)
before that i will pull them out of the bunch and take pictures of the biggest ones, some look really comical growing in tiny pots but tall and lush :)

Comments (6)

Sponsored