Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trinidad Scorpion

Posted by Melissa77754 SoCal Zone 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 4, 11 at 15:06

Can any of you experienced growers tell me the difference (in your opinion) of the Trinidad Scorpion Morouga strain and the Butch T Strain??

I am going to trade for some of the Morouga strain BUT my husband has his heart set on the Butch T strain. So I am just wondering if there is really that big of a difference in heat and taste?

Thanks!
Melissa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trinidad Scorpion

Butch T has the record for hot.
But I don't think Morouga Blend has been tested yet.

If they are Morouga Blend they are a cross of 7 Pot and Trinidad Scorpion.

My Morouga Blend is just budding now.
For taste I prefere 7 Pots flavor to Trinidad Scorpions myself.

o

Good to know, thanks Mike!

o

Hi Melissa,

I haven't grown the Butch T yet but I grew the Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Blend, 7 Pot Jonah, 7 Pot and Trinidad Scorpion this year (all seed from Neil at the Hippy Seed Co.)

To my palate, I didn't find the Morouga Blend that remarkable both heat and taste wise. Maybe it's my growing conditions or just me. I found the 7 Pot Jonah on the same heat scale as the Trinidad Scorpion but with a nicer flavour, again, just to my palate.

Smoke, I thought the Morouga Blend was a Trinidad Scorpion / Morouga Red cross? I'll defer to your wisdom but mine have the 7 pot flavour with a heat range in the high Habanero range. Maybe they don't like my climate up here ;-))

FWIW,

Bill

o

Attached is a video you might find amusing.
My Morougas are doing well this year. They are still yellow and haven't turned red yet.
John A

Here is a link that might be useful: Trinidad Scorpion Morouga

o

Well I think judging by Neil's review both will put a hurting on you!

o

• Posted by esox07 4, S. Cent Wisc (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 6, 11 at 16:05

If you go to the Hippy Seed Co. web site, you can watch a video of that guy tasting just about every hot pepper that they grow. He does a play by play on them all. They guy has guts.

o

Thank you for all the input! :) Either way my husband is in for a rude awakening, but hey he asked for it! :)

That guy from the Hippy Seed Co is amazing, I have watched quite a few of his videos. But he maintains too much composure, I like to watch the videos that people are in obvious pain! lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here