Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This week's harvest

Posted by bzzzzz7777 7A (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 13, 12 at 15:49

This is a picture of most of this weeks harvest minus the monster cayennes and melrose hot that I have already seeded and chopped. There are 7-pot, bhut jolokia, yellow and red devil's tongue, caribbean red habs, orange habs, chocolate habs, aji limon, cito, tree habs (made it to 10 foot in one season), bird's eye, thai, door knob, pumpkin pepper, and bulgarian carrots.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This week's harvest

That's a nice variety of peppers and beautiful harvest shot. Nice job!

o

Man, that's a lot of variety! Great harvest!

o

Thanks, I like the super hots but I also like the medium ones as well. I am already excited about next season as I am adding chocolate bhuts, purple habs, bishops crown, and trinidad butch-t to the variety. I also grew cherry bombs and numex twilight peppers this year.

o

That's a beautiful haul you have there. I hope you have big plans for all that heat.

Tim

o

I have been working on expanding the variety of heat / flavor of the peppers I grow. This year I am trying Guajillo and Pasilla Bajio as lower heat seasoning peppers. Next year, I am going to try some paprika style peppers. My normals range from Big Jim and Poblano up to Hab / Chocolate Hab range. I am also growing a couple 7pot plants because they look really cool / mean. I have no idea what I'll do with something that hot! LOL Variety is good!

o

I made some teriyaki sauce and simmered it with some 7-pot peppers in it and then I canned it in pint jars with a pepper in each jar. I also like to make a sauce with pineapple, kiwi, mango, coriander, cinnamon, and about 10 super hots (I have used ghost peppers and 7-pots). I also smoked some apples and onions and a basket full of peppers similar to the picture above and added brown sugar, molasses, vinegar, and a few spices. This made a very good and smokey sauce...makes everything taste like it came right off the grill.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here