Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
yellow jackets is this common?

Posted by andyandy 6bMI (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 6, 12 at 15:57

I moved a few weeks ago and at my old place I never noticed any bees taking pollen from my hot pepper plants. I figured they were just not to their taste. Since I have moved though I have seen what look more like yellow jackts than bees taking pollen. it seems strange as they do not look like bees so I would not expect them to go for flowers.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: yellow jackets is this common?

Yup, nothing better then watching the bees take the pollen from the peppers you grew!

o

• Posted by esox07 4b Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 6, 12 at 17:07

I have finally seen a return of they typical Honey bee in my area this year. But yes, besides that, I get yellow jackets, bumble bees, various kinds of small wasps and even the regular wasps that are so prevalent around the house on cool fall days. They all hit my pepper blossoms fairly regular. But this is the first summer since moving to my current house in late 2007 that I have seen any real amount of honey bees at all.
Bruce

o

Yellow jackets will eat anything; they're not proud - or specialized. They like meat too.

For a few years a few years ago, a swarm of honey bees would overnight in a neighbor's tree in early summer, apparently enroute a new home. I haven't seen them the past few years. Nor do I often see them on the flowers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here