Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...

Posted by woohooman San Diego CA 10a (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 19, 13 at 16:33

So, I've been painting my house. Been wearing an old pair of tennis shoes and today noticed some burning on top of my 2 smallest toes of one foot. Thought it was just rubbing the wrong way and the burning was off and on so I just said to myself that I would inspect when I was done for the day. So, I finished up, took my shoes and socks off, looked down at my foot, and didn't notice any blistering or inflammation.

Upon closer inspection, I rubbed my fingers in between said toes and out popped one single superhot seed with a tiny amount of placenta attached to it. Burns even more now that air is getting to it and I'm not focused on painting... Mother*****!!!

Hope this story brings a chuckle to some.

Kevin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...

Thays pretty awesome. Some pepper to go along with the toe cheese.

o

lol...years ago I was going to workout and had some bicep tendinitis, but no icy hot, I did however have a ripe orange habanero...so I cut it in half and rubbed it on my elbows (GENIUS). I was in agony for about an hour and my skin was red and tender for days :(
Jerry

o

Too Funny!!

Kevin - Better the seed was stuck between the toes in your sock, than in another item of clothing and causing a burn!

Jerry - Need to be careful with that homemade BenGay!

o

Thanks all for the replies. Glad my pain could bring pleasure to others. ;)

That's hilarious mikeysab. Got some crackers?

Jerry: next time try it with a ghost pepper -- i heard it works better. :P

Sandy: Been pretty fortunate so far not to get the full brunt of heat down there. Have, many times, had "warming" sensations though.

Kevin

o

Too funny Kevin.

I chuckled when I read your post title. Memories of Phil Silvers & Buster Keaton.

When I read your post I laughed. Out of all the places on my body I've burned myself with pepper residue, between the toes would be a new (unwelcome) experience.

Too funny!

o

I got a Congo seed in my eye years ago it was under my lid took me an hour to get it out

o

Ottowa: ;)

Dave: one word --- Ouch!

Kevin

o

Methinks I will put duct tape over my waistband next time seeding. Wouldn't want an errant seed diving down my pants... Oooo!

o

I read this yesterday.

Today, I put on a pair of nitrile gloves and started seeding buckets full of hot peppers - red jalapenos and the like - to start a mash for fermenting. I'm doing this outside, face up wind in the breeze, having learned my lessons over the years.

So after an hour of this, the cell phone rings, so I dig it out of my pocket with the dripping wet gloves, answer it, then return the phone to pocket, thoroughly coating the phone with hot pepper membrane juice, and keep going. Phone dries off, I finish up the peppers, two hours later,.

You can see where this is going........

o

.. where? Attempted self-gratification?

With a phone? ! ?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here