Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
habjolokia

First true Harvest 2012 season

habjolokia z 6b/7
11 years ago

I've made a few batches of hot sauce here and there but this is my first true harvest.

Top row left Red Habanero, middle Trinidad Scorpion, Right Yellow bell and Yellow sweet pepper both from store bought peppers.

Bottom row left 7pot cross, middle Jalapeno, right Bhut Jolokia aka Ghost.

Mark

Comments (23)

• ottawapepper
    11 years ago

A very nice mix. Love the color variation.

What do you have planned for your harvest beside munching? More sauce, powders, freezing?

Bill

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Habanero going to sauce and flakes, Scorpion's maybe sauce also, sweet peppers eat raw or stir fry. 7pot already have sauce so that will go to powder, jalapeno quick pickle yummy, Ghost sauce. Any leftover will go in the freezer.

• mspeppajo
    11 years ago

Oh WOW, Mark!!! What a fantastic first harvest!!! Everything just looks totally awesome!!! And your TScorpions look like they were grown for an ad or something - perfect!! I am like Bill, curious as to what you are going to do with everything!! How many TScorpions are you going to munch?!?! :P

Jo

• peppernovice
    11 years ago

Impressive harvest Mark. I see a lot of heat in your future. Hopefully you'll have several more of those before you have to shut it down for winter.

Tim

• tsheets
    11 years ago

Very nice harvest!! You'll be busy for a while making all those sauces! I also like the variety of color / shapes. :-)

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    11 years ago

Yah, quite nice, hope you have more to come. You should have many weeks left in your growing season.
    Bruce.

• andyandy
    11 years ago

Looks great, I can't wait. I'm just seeing the 1st ripening of a ghost. It cooled way down here Friday night and I think that triggered it.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    11 years ago

Fantastic....
    I just looked through pics of years past, and I don't have my first harvest until October....
    waiting is the hardest part! :-D

Josh

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yeah, I agree Josh waiting is the hardest especially if you have plans for what you want to do with the ripe pods.

Here is a shot of my Fatali

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Fatali on the left, Bhut in the middle, Trinidad Scorpion.

Mark

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Alltogether Left to right 7pot, Fatali, Bhut, then Scorp Will have Habanero and Jalapeno over the next couple of days to add to the collection.

Mark

• tsheets
    11 years ago

You're getting pretty well stocked there!

The Fatalii is darker than I expected.

• peppermeister1
    11 years ago

Those red habs look extra tasty! Nice sauce stockpile, do you buy new bottles or just recycle store bought hot sauce bottles?

• kells.00
    11 years ago

habjolokia : those Fatali's look like what was suppose to be habs that i grew that i posted pics of...are they super hot? i took some thai chilis and a few of the "habs" fatali's into work and 4 ppl decided to try the hab/fatalis and every one of em was on fire close to puking cus they were so hot...was pretty funny..looking good!

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    Original Author
    11 years ago

@ tsheets yeah darker than I hoped, ingredients and cooking process made it come out darker the yellow did not hold it's color as I would have liked. Maybe if I had added mango it would have had a better chance.

@Peppermeister1 the 7pot with black lid is recycled all the red cap bottles are new could not beat the price 12 bottles for under $4.

@kells.00 They are very hot but not like the 7pot or Bhut but had my Wife sample the fatalii sauce and she went for a drink fast. I sampled and it was very hot but I did not need anything to chase it down, good flavor and nice heat makes a great sauce.

Mark

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is a pic of my Chocolate Habanero's

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is the finished product, Chocolate Habanero sauces, great flavor, they really make a great sauce.

Mark

• romy6
    11 years ago

Man the harvest are looking good Mark and the sauces look even better. How much longer til your season is over?

• tsheets
    11 years ago

That chocolate hab sauce looks really good! Making my mouth water!

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Jamie and tsheets! My season will be over soon, usually end of this month sometimes it can push through the first week of Nov. I have another harvest of Trinidad Scorps, Ghost, 7pot, fatali, Choc habs, Red habs, Billy goat, peppadew, and Jalapenos. Should harvest them next week.

Prob making a peppadew, Billy goat, and jalapeno hotsauce so I have one of each variety and hope I have enough sauce to last until next season lol or I raid the freezer for my frozen pods and whip up another batch.

Mark

• cheezdoodle12
    11 years ago

Very nice harvest!! I miss mine already :(

• bberkmor
    11 years ago

those sauces look good. Do you mind sharing your recipe? :)

• ottawapepper
    11 years ago

Mark, sweet (in a figurative sort of way).

They say that you begin eating with your eyes, I can imagine how tasty that sauce is just by looking at it.

Bill

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions