Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First true Harvest 2012 season

Posted by habjolokia 7 (zellmarkj@yahoo.com) on
Sun, Sep 9, 12 at 17:11

I've made a few batches of hot sauce here and there but this is my first true harvest.

Top row left Red Habanero, middle Trinidad Scorpion, Right Yellow bell and Yellow sweet pepper both from store bought peppers.

Bottom row left 7pot cross, middle Jalapeno, right Bhut Jolokia aka Ghost.

Mark

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First true Harvest 2012 season

A very nice mix. Love the color variation.

What do you have planned for your harvest beside munching? More sauce, powders, freezing?

Bill

o

Habanero going to sauce and flakes, Scorpion's maybe sauce also, sweet peppers eat raw or stir fry. 7pot already have sauce so that will go to powder, jalapeno quick pickle yummy, Ghost sauce. Any leftover will go in the freezer.

o

Oh WOW, Mark!!! What a fantastic first harvest!!! Everything just looks totally awesome!!! And your TScorpions look like they were grown for an ad or something - perfect!! I am like Bill, curious as to what you are going to do with everything!! How many TScorpions are you going to munch?!?! :P

Jo

o

Impressive harvest Mark. I see a lot of heat in your future. Hopefully you'll have several more of those before you have to shut it down for winter.

Tim

o

Very nice harvest!! You'll be busy for a while making all those sauces! I also like the variety of color / shapes. :-)

o

• Posted by esox07 4b Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 9, 12 at 20:46

Yah, quite nice, hope you have more to come. You should have many weeks left in your growing season.
Bruce.

o

Looks great, I can't wait. I'm just seeing the 1st ripening of a ghost. It cooled way down here Friday night and I think that triggered it.

o

Fantastic....
I just looked through pics of years past, and I don't have my first harvest until October....
waiting is the hardest part! :-D

Josh

o

Yeah, I agree Josh waiting is the hardest especially if you have plans for what you want to do with the ripe pods.

Here is a shot of my Fatali

o
RE: First true Harvest 2012 season!

Fatali on the left, Bhut in the middle, Trinidad Scorpion.

Mark

o
RE: First true Harvest 2012 season!!!

Alltogether Left to right 7pot, Fatali, Bhut, then Scorp Will have Habanero and Jalapeno over the next couple of days to add to the collection.

Mark

o

You're getting pretty well stocked there!

The Fatalii is darker than I expected.

o

Those red habs look extra tasty! Nice sauce stockpile, do you buy new bottles or just recycle store bought hot sauce bottles?

o

habjolokia : those Fatali's look like what was suppose to be habs that i grew that i posted pics of...are they super hot? i took some thai chilis and a few of the "habs" fatali's into work and 4 ppl decided to try the hab/fatalis and every one of em was on fire close to puking cus they were so hot...was pretty funny..looking good!

o

@ tsheets yeah darker than I hoped, ingredients and cooking process made it come out darker the yellow did not hold it's color as I would have liked. Maybe if I had added mango it would have had a better chance.

@Peppermeister1 the 7pot with black lid is recycled all the red cap bottles are new could not beat the price 12 bottles for under $4.

@kells.00 They are very hot but not like the 7pot or Bhut but had my Wife sample the fatalii sauce and she went for a drink fast. I sampled and it was very hot but I did not need anything to chase it down, good flavor and nice heat makes a great sauce.

Mark

o

Here is a pic of my Chocolate Habanero's

o
RE: First true Harvest 2012 season!

Here is the finished product, Chocolate Habanero sauces, great flavor, they really make a great sauce.

Mark

o

Man the harvest are looking good Mark and the sauces look even better. How much longer til your season is over?

o

That chocolate hab sauce looks really good! Making my mouth water!

o

Thanks Jamie and tsheets! My season will be over soon, usually end of this month sometimes it can push through the first week of Nov. I have another harvest of Trinidad Scorps, Ghost, 7pot, fatali, Choc habs, Red habs, Billy goat, peppadew, and Jalapenos. Should harvest them next week.

Prob making a peppadew, Billy goat, and jalapeno hotsauce so I have one of each variety and hope I have enough sauce to last until next season lol or I raid the freezer for my frozen pods and whip up another batch.

Mark

o

Very nice harvest!! I miss mine already :(

o

those sauces look good. Do you mind sharing your recipe? :)

o

Mark, sweet (in a figurative sort of way).

They say that you begin eating with your eyes, I can imagine how tasty that sauce is just by looking at it.

Bill

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here