Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1st Billy Goat

Posted by peppernovice 7 b (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 22, 12 at 17:53

Picked my first Billy Goat today. It's a very pretty pepper. My wife and I are about to sample it. I'll let you know how it taste later.

Tim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1st Billy Goat

Gratz haven't introduced billy goats to any of my gardens yet i hear they eat a lot more then just grass ....LOL let me know how it taste .

o

Nice looks similar to the ones I am growing. Did they go from green to peach to red?

Mark

o

Mark....I may have missed the transition. I've only seen light green, dark green, then red. I haven't watched as closely as I normally do though. We had three straight days of rain last week.

Armageddon....taste was excellent. Similar to a habanero, but IMHO much better taste with less heat. Just enough to burn, but not enough to hurt. It lingers nicely.

Tim

o

Tim, I agree, they're a nice medium/hot pepper.

Actually, they're my go-to choice for everyday use. If I'm ever reduced to growing only one pepper, it'd be Billy Goat ;-)

o

Never heard of it. Interesting.

o

looks like i have to get my hands on a few of these seeds for next season i just tried some of my first smoked bhut i made up and it is very tasty used a little cherry /apple /hickory mix and its perfect cant wait to try some in a bowl of chili used it tonight on some Jambalaya had a few others sample it and they went back for 2nds

o

try the douglah, Tim. Get some milk ready first lol. John

o

"Similar to a habanero, but IMHO much better taste with less heat."

Tim, Billy Goat has a distinctive "cherries" smell, which is kinda neat. Did you pick that up during your tasting?

Just curious.

Rick

o

Rick....I didn't get the cherries smell, but in my defense, I broke my nose when I was about 20. My since of smell is horrible!

Tim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here