Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pepperdave

Every other day and cant keep up

pepperdave
9 years ago

Working full time and growing 400+ plants is a handful. Keeping my dehydrators full is another full time job .If I didn't love it so much I think I would walk the extra block and spend my time Stripper fishing.

Comments (20)

• pepperdave
    Original Author
    9 years ago

2 Days Later

• pepperdave
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another 2 days, it just goes on and on.
    Good year for peppers here in South Jersey.
    Im outside every night under lights dealing with my obsession.
    Thank God for the invention of the Boom Box,It keeps me stain.

• jtight
    9 years ago

Dammit man. That is a good loooking crop.

• jtight
    9 years ago

I need to get your skill set. Amazing that were able to have that volume of same pepper turn at same time.
    What all did you grow this year?

• peppernovice
    9 years ago

That's an amazing amount of peppers. I'm assuming you sell these in some form.

Tim

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Dave Are those peach Bhut Jolokia?

• tomt226
    9 years ago

Nice haul. Are you using some of those for "stripper" bait?
    Must be some hot mama's there... ;-)

• northeast_chileman
    9 years ago

@ Dave, full time job & 400+ plants, impressive. Your harvest, envious!

@ Tom, I noticed that too.

See what happens when your spell checker fails you?

This post was edited by northeast_chileman on Fri, Sep 26, 14 at 9:46

• pepperdave
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes Peach Ghosts. Also Red and Brown , 7Pod Lg. , & Pod Douglhah ,[ Red,Yellow, Red,Brown and Chocolate Moruga Scorpions ] ,Reapers ,and Black Naga
    Not in the pile I have Congos and Cumari
    I have sold some but most go into dehydrators for powder. Harvest is only 1/2 the work.Locally you can get killer Hot Wings or Salsa depending where you go.
    We have a Miro climate here with sandy soil so never getting over 90 or under 68 all summer really helped with pod set. and the sandy soil prevented them from drowning with all the rain we had this year.Still Im only half way through harvest. They come in strong this time of year. Keeps going till the end of October unless we get a freak frost but being surrounded by Water really helps. Like being 16 miles out at sea.

• pepperdave
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Reapers you can see the variation.
    I think I should put a block on Spell Check!

• drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a
    9 years ago

Nice haul! I grew about 20 plants and the harvest is unreal. Way too many for me! I'll have enough for years! Next year I'm growing all sweets, chili's etc. No hots! Well I decided to overwinter a couple, bonsai a couple others just for fun.
    I mostly grow raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries. My main interest is sweet fruits. I have fruit trees too. I harvest about 60 raspberries a day, and we consume almost all of them daily! I need more!
    Some of my daily harvests

{{gwi:124286}}
    {{gwi:125829}}

• OKgrowin
    9 years ago

that's a good problem to have man. 400 plants is a lot.

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    9 years ago

Glorious bounty, Dave!

I agree. 400 plants AND a full-time job... impressive!

Kevin

• pepperdave
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Interesting Idea

• jutsFL
    9 years ago

My plants have overrun me as well, but mine got the best of me... I had 16 plants all about 4-6ft tall range putting out more peppers than I could ever handle. Ended up selling 3 of the plants, and it's a slight touch more manageable for me now. Still have waaaay too many peppers for just myself, and even all my coworkers that I give them out to!

Jay

• scorion1
    9 years ago

Nice looking peppers.I had a similar problem with spell check .

• pepperdave
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Today its Bishops Crowns.
    I did not grow these myself but theirs a Whole row next to mine and Im drying them for the farmer that lets me grow on his land.
    I get half, Thinking about smoking some.

• pepperdave
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have family visiting for the weekend with young children and want to keep the dehydrators going.
    Nice tasting pepper Im saving seed from the biggest

• salevene
    9 years ago

Amazing harvest. Are you selling the chili powder at a farmers market or is that a hell of a personal stash for the winter? :)

• judo_and_peppers
    9 years ago

I can personally attest to how good these peppers look in person.

those peach bhuts are freaking delicious. my wife and I both ate a piece of one. much much hotter than I was expecting, and the heat hits hard and fast. I see a peach colored hot sauce in my future.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio