Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More hot peppers to id

Posted by botanicat z7 NW GA (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 12, 13 at 21:59

All three of these peppers are from the same plant. I have the leaves to help identify if possible too. These are really hot with a lingering heat. Tastes good, but cannot figure out what it is for the life of me.

Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More hot peppers to id

A picture of the plant can be helpful.
Otherwise I just call them common CHILI pepper. Could be tobassco, japonese, pequit. etc.

o

Seysonn.....here is the plant for the above peppers. I originally posted with my mother in laws account. In the pot, the plant is about 4 feet tall and as seen in the first shot some of the peppers come to a more blunt end with a dimple in the end of the pepper.

Thanks for any help.

o

Looks like Thai and Tabasco (and one Birds Eye) varieties I've grown.

Based on your pictures, I'm sure a c. frutescens variety.

o

That is the thing though, ottawapepper, all three peppers in the picture are from the same plant. They are all the same....just can't figure out what that same is.

o

The dimpling/blunting in the end is a malformation. I agree... a thai or pequin variety. I've never grown tobasco,

Kevin

o

captmotor,

Some pod variation, even on the same plant, is fairly common.

Bill

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here