Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Podorok Maldovy and Budai Csipos question

Posted by meszaros9 10a (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 21, 07 at 22:33

I think I received these seeds by John last year. Can anyone tell me about them? John?

I am growing them this year and i have no idea. LOL

I didnt write down what heat etc... Even what type they are..

Thanks.
Michelle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Podorok Maldovy and Budai Csipos question

Both are C. annuum. Can't find my notes ( grew it several years ago) on Podork Moldovy but I believe it is sweet or only mildly hot .I'm also embarrassed to admit I have two spellings and don't know which is correct. Budai Csipos was supposed to be sweet but mine had medium heat and a very nice flavor.

Budai Csipos

Podorok Moldovy

o

Thank you John for your help. I will report on what they turn out to be. All the seeds I planted sprouted so kudos to you.

Michelle

o

Michelle

Thanks. I would appreciate knowing your results.

john

o

are these paprika peppers?

o

They are Hungarian peppers and I'm not sure how to define 'paprika' which generally means 'pepper'--maybe those that are ground? Perhaps there is a Hungarian present to give us a better answer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here