Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
25 gallons of peppers...

Posted by ab2008 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 19, 13 at 23:32

What can I do with all of these? I have well over 25 gallons of various peppers the majority being hot.

I've done a few things so far:

Dried
Have a few gallons in the freezer
Pickled ones like the jalapenos and such
Used a few here and there in salsa, though my tomatoes have stopped bearing for the year.

What about hot sauce? I've tried finding some recipes, but most "sauce" taste terrible to me since I've never found tabasco sauce or any others appealing really.

I am debating on implementing some into my own bbq recipe, or drying more and trying to make my own powder recipe (garlic, onion, peppers etc.)

I'd opt to use some in cooking but I'm really the only one in the household that likes a little spice, and I'm not too fond of the super hot taste (or having to eat ice cream with a meal every time.)

Any unique ideas that you have used?

Oh I've gave tons away, I just didn't think the plants would be as productive as they were, easily getting 15 gallons per week right now, and I'm mostly wanting to find some ideas to use lol...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 25 gallons of peppers...

I suggest that you go tothe HARVEST forum and seek advice. There are a lot of people there, who are into CANNING, FREEZING, PICKLING, DRYING, SAUCING, etc.

o

ever consider getting a booth at a farmer's market? or selling them to a produce stand? 15gal per week is a lot of peppers, enough to sell.

o

Thanks for the feedback. I've sold a couple here and there, the problem is where I live even though I can occasionally find someone who likes to play with fire, it's not often, nor do they need a "lot."

Though I may try to find one that's a little busier and try selling a few.

I'll also check over at that other forum as well to see if I can get any fun ideas.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here