Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pepper ID...

Posted by ab2008 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 19, 13 at 23:54

2013-09-09_00-05-09_192 photo photobucket-6968-1378699739200.jpg

I've been trying to figure out what on earth this plant is for a while. The pods are really big for the most part.

This is one in comparison to one of my 7 pot douglah.

And another below:
2013-09-09_00-04-15_229 photo photobucket-1118-1378699696804.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pepper ID...

Not a pepper expert, But I think the yellow ones look like Habaneros but bigger in size. .

o

I have one that looks like to red one and it is Aji Umba. A very nice pepper and about the same heat as habanero.
John A

o

now a question, they look like if you'd left them on the plant they'd have gotten fully red. have you left any on there long enough to see? it looks a bit like a trinidad congo. any idea what it was "supposed to" be?

o

Any way I could work out a trade with you for those monsters????? I've got a lot of peppers I could send a list

o

Judo: the one in the top photo is about as red as they seemed to get without starting to get a little soft from being on the plant so long. They go from green, to a peach and then that light red color for the most part.

John: thanks for the feedback, this was unfortunately one of the plants that I had left over and kind of stuck it in the ground because I was lacking the space so it was unlabeled.

Pepperguy: just shoot me a message if you'd like :)

o

Ab, it could be a congo, the ripening doesn't sound right though. I've never had congos turn peach to red, and I grow them every year. in fact they are half red half green most of the time. Pepperguy, email me if you want congos. they are huge, and about the same heat as a hab. great taste, one of my favorites. John

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here