Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rt_peasant

Crunch Sweet Orange Seed Offer

rt_peasant
9 years ago

Somebody once said if you want to be happy, do something kind for someone, with no expectations of receiving anything in return. In that spirit, I'm giving away seeds for Crunch Sweet Orange pepper. A year ago, I read about CSO on this forum, and went looking for seeds. LeafEricson sent me a packet (thanks!), and now it's my turn to pay it forward.

This is a free seed offer for SASE (Self-Addressed-Stamped-Envelope) for US addresses only. There are approximately 10 seeds per packet. Email me at crunchsweetorange2014"at"gmail.com, and I'll send you instructions for sending me your SASE. Please don't send me a PM via gardenweb, and you don't need to post anything in this thread. Just email me at the address listed above. Unless you have questions or comments about this pepper, in which case please use this thread. I will honor emails on a first come, first served basis, until all of my packets are spoken for.

You can read about Crunch Sweet Orange here.

I grew 2 containers of this pepper in my front yard, next to my driveway. They were a good distance away from the nearest other peppers in my backyard, so the seeds should be pure. The packet I got was labeled 3-lobed, but I got some 2-lobed and some 3-lobed. They seemed otherwise equivalent to me. I really enjoyed this pepper. Having a couple containers next to my driveway made it easy to grab a few peppers on my way to work, where I would snack on them. They are also great for sauteeing. Basically anywhere you would use an orange bell pepper, which is how these tasted. They were particularly prolific for me. More so than the other mini peppers that I've grown.

Here is an early-season shot showing the plant starting to fill out.

Comments (24)

• djoyofficial
    9 years ago

I got crunch sweet orange right here. I am calling SPAM ALERT!!!!? not sure but. I wouldn't send my info for "CSO". Guess things are going good in the forum... Dang spamorama bisnitc@s!!

I could be wrong... Durh!

dj

• rt_peasant
    Original Author
    9 years ago

dj, I'm not sure what you mean by spam alert. I thought I was doing a good deed here.

• djoyofficial
    9 years ago

Just worries me to send my info to someone I haven't heard much from..

Don't pay me any mind... Just one of those nights.. Peto guy got me going.

Peace!

dj

This post was edited by djoy on Thu, Oct 9, 14 at 2:47

• djoyofficial
    9 years ago

I apologize... :-(dj

I ban myself for five days for hearsay.

This post was edited by djoy on Thu, Oct 9, 14 at 2:59

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Thank you for paying it forward! Sent you an email!

This post was edited by cottonwood468 on Thu, Oct 9, 14 at 22:39

• lexxluthor
    9 years ago

Very generous.

• ronnyb123
    9 years ago

Why don't you offer some seeds in the year end trade. That is another way to give back.

• rt_peasant
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I might do that. If the seeds reach more people that way, then that's great!

• NonnaG
    9 years ago

I would love some seeds. Sending an email now.

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

They fit the Spooktacular swap on Round Robins because they are orange.

• leafericson
    9 years ago

Hey rt peasant, Thank you for paying it forward and reaching out. Sorry to hear someone thinks your spam... never heard of you before?? Lol we all know you.
    Anyway I can vouch for ya. Haha.
    Your plant looks beautiful, bet they tasted like sweet candy. Should of been called orangecrunch sweetcandy.
    Just wanted to say hi and put this thread at the top of the list.
    -Eric-

• rt_peasant
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi, Eric. Yeah, they tasted great. We were out in front of our house eating CSOs off the plant, when some of the neighbor kids came by to see what we were doing. They were skeptical when we offered them peppers, but their eyes got real big after their first bite. Then they wanted to know how they could grow their own next year. I may have just created some pepperheads!

Thanks again for the seeds!

-Mark

• Winland
    9 years ago

Are these seeds still available?

• leafericson
    9 years ago

I don't know.... my mama always said "don't take candy from a stranger"
    They maybe sweet enough to give away as candy to the trick-or-treaters this Halloween.
    Hahaha. .. wonderful to hear you turned some little one's into pepper heads.

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Mark

I just received my pepper seeds from you. Thank you.

• Pmb2005
    9 years ago

Mark,

Sent you an email requesting your address for SASE if you are still doing this offer.

Thanks,
    Promise

• rt_peasant
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Just a quick bump to see if there are any more takers before I close this seed offer...

• garretds7
    9 years ago

I'd like to try it. Thanks for the offer. Sending an email...

• rt_peasant
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The seed packets are gone, so this offer is now closed. I hope everybody who sent a SASE got their seeds. I'll be starting mine this weekend. Happy gardening!

• Seysonn_ 8a-NC/HZ-7
    9 years ago

I did not get any seeds b/c I did not ask for it. But I have been reading the thread all along. As a member of this community I thank you for your generosity.

Happy Gardening !

Seysonn

• bberry_gw
    9 years ago

Anyone have any of these seeds that they can share? Thanks

• beverly_
    9 years ago

I received them! Thanks!!!

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

I'm about to germinate mine, too.

• kentishman
    8 years ago

rt, my seedlings are growing well. I'm also growing, for the first time, Ramiro Orange, which sounds like it might be similar. Looking forward to comparing the two side by side. Ramiro was sent to me by MarcV from Belgium.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner