Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maple_grove_cr

Trick-or-treat

maple_grove_gw
10 years ago

Happy Halloween!

For today's trick-or-treat, I cut up one (1) Douglah pepper and mixed it into the rice and beans I brought to work for my lunch. Better than candy, and better for you, too!

Last night I was toying with the idea of greeting trick-or-treaters with a bowl of mixed superhots ;^& Of course I'd never actually do such a thing, but it does in theory seem to fit in with the notion of "tricks or treats". But I guess it'd be a shame to waste pods in this way since they'd not be appreciated. Not to mention the potential for run-ins with angry parents. Still though, the idea is intriguing...

Alex

Comments (11)

• judo_and_peppers
    10 years ago

you gotta at least cover them with chocolate first!

• maple_grove_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

LOL! I had actually been considering making chocolate-covered superhots for own enjoyment. Handing them out to kids puts a new spin on the idea. "Surprise..." Now that would really be asking for trouble.

• judo_and_peppers
    10 years ago

I'm actually considering grinding some up, and mixing it with melted chocolate, to make my own awesome candy bars. maybe I'll throw some bacon in there too, because... BACON!!!

• smokemaster_2007
    10 years ago

Don't forget the cheese.
    Bacon and cheese...maybe a pepper samich,crispy cream doughnut,chocolate,cheese,pepper...

• DMForcier
    10 years ago

Proposition: Ultra-hot pepper keeps you from getting fat.

Discuss, compare and contrast.

• tsheets
    10 years ago

LOL @smoke!

Spicy and chocolate is a classic combo. Though, probably not to the extent you are thinking. ;-) Should work well, though!

• seysonn
    10 years ago

Posted by DMForcier 7 ATL (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 31, 13 at 19:48

Proposition: Ultra-hot pepper keeps you from getting fat.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    True. Capsacin is one of the ingredients in some Weight Loss pills(or it was ?). It increase metabolism to burn fat.
    Plus, it is a mood enhancer, Opens up sinus passages...
    I can continue..lol

• judo_and_peppers
    10 years ago

seysonn, you're one of the most vocal proponents on here about the benefits of capsaicin on here (not that anyone is disagreeing), yet you don't grow superhots. what gives?

you want some seeds? the capsaicin rabbit hole goes much deeper.

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    10 years ago

Yep. Chiles and chocolate are as authentic and classic one can get. Both are classic ingredients in many moles. But, I agree --- superhots dipped in chocolate would be a bit of overkill. To my demented mind though, it MIGHT be funny..LOL

Kevin

• seysonn
    10 years ago

Thank Judo. I am honored.
    Although I do not grow SUPER hots but I have been using Capsaicin in my daily diet for decades. But I suffice to lower dosage. Right now my limit is Habaneros. In fact I have planted habs many times in the past. Another Hot one: Pequin. Next year I will grow Thai, Korean, Habanero, Manzano, pequin, serrano .....

Thanks for offering seeds. I am all set.
    DID YOU KNOW THAT: Contrary to common perception,chili peppers may prevent stomach ulcer?

• maple_grove_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That's right, capsaicin intake can supposedly increase metabolism and thereby increase energy utilization and fat burn.

I can see it now, the next diet craze. Forget about Atkins diet, it's the Superhot diet. :0)

Alex

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH