Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2nd attempt at creating....

Posted by caudex1 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 2, 11 at 9:29

...a different flavored hot sauce. 1st try was to get the base right.
bhut jolokia hot sauce
ingredients
bhut jolokia
red brain 7 pot
virgin coconut oil
carrots
onion
garlic
red hawaiian salt
rice vinegar

Consistency is like thick mustard thanks to the vita-mix, will try a food processor next time to give it a little texture. Flavor is sweet fruity coconut then intense heat and sting in the throat. Very good flavor for eggs, chicken or pork.

Stay tuned for an searingly hot Srirachi sauce

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2nd attempt at creating....

Keith!
I had no idea you were into hot peppers!
Welcome to the Hot Pepper side of things.
Nice color and texture in that sauce.

Josh

o

Was surprised when I saw you in a few threads here as well. I've been a chili head for many years but a couple of months ago I started making my own sauces.

Made another yellow sauce with bacon fat. That was the best, smokey salty bacon flavor with some nice heat.

o

Yessir, this is my fourth year growing peppers!
The bacon fat sauce sounds delicious....one of my favorite pepper uses is spicy mayonnaise for BLT's.
I'm just now getting into sauces and powders.

Josh

o

what are the portions of each to make 1 cup of the sauce? that mix sounds good but i'd like an idea of how much of each to put in there to keep things fairly consistent.
Danny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here