Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Habanero harvest before and after

Posted by andyandy 6bMI (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 8, 12 at 9:49

I had to move all my plants in the house friday night. We had our first frost last night. The skinny Habs you see were supposed to be ghosts but the seeds were shipped incorrectly. Oh well, they are really starting to come in. I made a batch of home made wing sauce Saturday. These peppers, green onion tomatoes, garlic and some red bell pepper. It turned out pretty hot.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Habanero harvest before and after

The skinny ones look like they were trying to be Bhuts (Ghosts). It may be you got crossed seed? I grew what was supposed to be a Chocolate Bhut this year but my pods turned out like yours. Still had an impressive jolt of heat but not what they were billed as.

At least you got some good sauce out of them!

o
RE: Habanero harvest before and after

Thanx, you may be right about the cross seeds, it will be interesting to see what I get out of the seeds I save.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here