Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First time with these two...

Posted by trishmick z7NJ (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 7, 12 at 11:26

Have grown habs before with great success, but this is my first year trying these guys...

Tasted the one 7 pot that ripened earlier in the season, and was inhaling milk for many minutes. Now, lots more for the pickin'
Photobucket

And now, the former king of heat. Very late to bloom and start ripening, but lookin' nice. Am in for even more of a jolt I guess.
Photobucket

Starting to get a little chilly 'round here overnight, and the coming week will not see temps out of the 60's. Gonna let them be and hope for the best yield possible. Will harvest some seeds and start them early next year (these were seedlings). Will welcome any suggestions for uses of these bad boys. I normally just use my peppers for homemade chile, or let them dry into flakes. Even made a hot sauce one year with fresh figs from my tree.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First time with these two...

Don't be surprised if the 7 pot is hotter than the bhut jolokia. I grew both this year, and imho, the 7 pot had the ghost beat!

Tim

o
RE: First time with these two...

I agree with Tim re 7 Pots being hotter than Bhuts. IMHO Bhuts beat the 7 in flavour though.

If you want some ideas on what to do with them see the link below for a few recipes. Depending on how much you harvest; jellies, mustard, sauce, etc., your choice. Just sub 7 or Bhut for any pepper in the recipe.

FWIW,

Bill

Here is a link that might be useful: Recipes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here