Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
super600

Blossom Drop won't stop!

super600
9 years ago

I have a jalape�o, cayenne, and anaheim that I moved from outside to my basement for the winter under a 600watt halide. the plants were doing great at first and all the peppers were growing really fast and rippining within a day or two. after a little while I noticed a fungus on the leaves which I discovered to be Edema. I did some reading and decided I should try to water way less and get a dehumidifier going so the leaves could breathe better. I trimmed off all the affected leaves and got a humidity gauge to observe the difference. at first the humidity was at 60% and now with the dehumidifier it is at 30%. It seems to have made a big difference and the problem hasn't showed signs of starting again. however now my plants are flowering like crazy but they ALL are dropping!!! I pollinate my self using a small paint brush and as soon as the flowers go dead and ready for a pepper to start the whole thing drops off. I'm fertilizing the same as I was outdoors all summer with Age Old Organics Bloom but there must be something else causing blossom drop. I'm going to vent my light out of the room tonight because the temperatures are hitting 90degrees in the day and thru the night they only fall to 75. Not sure if that extreme indoor heat could be causing the problem since all summer here in MI it has been a steady 70 - 80 degrees. Any ideas or things I should try to get them to hold on to the flowers?

The leaves are starting to curl a little bit too and getting a bumpy texture in the center so I'm going to try spraying some epsom salt and see if that could help make a difference.

They have only been fed Age Old Organics Bloom the whole 5 months of there life. It worked so I stuck with it and didn't feed them anything else.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?