Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mecdave

Pepperlover's new for 2015

Her new breeds are up for sale now, including the White Naga I previously mentioned as my current favorite super hot...

Here is a link that might be useful: Pepperlover 2015

This post was edited by mecdave on Mon, Oct 20, 14 at 12:58

Comments (9)

• ronnyb123
    9 years ago

I saw that.

She put some interesting varieties in there this year. She seems to be doing a lot of her own crosses too.

Also contacted Buckeye and asked them about updating their site with the 2015 varieties. They said they would start working on it next week to 2 weeks.

Now... is your white Naga the same color as hers?

• Mecdave Zone 8/HZ 9
    Original Author
    9 years ago

"Now... is your white Naga the same color as hers?"

My white Naga was hers. I bought a mixed box of pods from her a month or so ago that included a couple white Nagas. Saved seeds and am hoping to have a smoked white powder next year. May buy some seeds too to be sure.

PS The peppers/seeds marked (PL) are her own breed, including the White Nagas.

This post was edited by mecdave on Mon, Oct 20, 14 at 13:37

• ronnyb123
    9 years ago

mecdave... I understand all that. I was just saying that we thought it could have been white ghost since she had not posted anything about white nagas to her site. It would be easier now to compare a white ghost to a white naga. They look totally different.

I am not trying to hash up old issues. This is not the thread for that. I probably should not have brought it up. Apologies.

BTW.. I did order some too. :)

This post was edited by RonnyB123 on Mon, Oct 20, 14 at 14:20

• Mecdave Zone 8/HZ 9
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The ones I got looked like the ones posted on the New for 2015 list, more so than the Ghosts do.

Edit: They've been moved to the regular "hottest" seed list, no longer in New for 2015.

Edit 2: Just looked at the white Ghost again. Man, they look so similar, flip a coin. Then try not to get them mixed up if you decide to grow both. ;-)

"Like all the new varieties in this section, size, color, texture, and characteristics variation in(sic) not uncommon for newly created varieties."

This post was edited by mecdave on Mon, Oct 20, 14 at 15:54

• OKgrowin
    9 years ago

dat elephant ear

• ronnyb123
    9 years ago

The Farmers Jalapeno looks cool.

• ronnyb123
    9 years ago

it looks like Buckeye has started updating their site with new varieties. They started sooner than they told me. Good for them.

Also Midwest Chili has started theirs too.

For now, Pepperslovers has a better selection. The battle for your business has begun.

Here is a link that might be useful: Whats new at Buckeye

This post was edited by RonnyB123 on Tue, Oct 21, 14 at 11:40

• kuvaszlvr
    9 years ago

I thought so too Ronny, but everyone at the office went EW! when I showed it to them.
    Pam

• ronnyb123
    9 years ago

LOL,

Pam.. it is just us pepper folk who think the bizarre is cool. People just need to be educated on the different peppers and flavors out there. Plain old bell peppers wont cut it once you tried something with a different flavor and some spiciness.

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012