Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
uncleflip

Rescue replanting done.

uncleflip
9 years ago

I just got done replanting my 8 struggling plants. The Habaneros and Tabascos are the ones I am most worried about. The Habs have lost pretty much all their leaves, and the Tabascos were well on their way. The Thais and Anaheims look like they have a much better chance.

SO.....

Some of the root balls were small but looked otherwise healthy. I did my best to get as much of the old soil out of them without doing too much damage tot he roots, but some damage was inevitable.The old soils was very heavy and waterlogged. At the bottom of the pots, it was almost like a very thick mud. I think the plants will be much happier in my 3-1-1 (ish) mix. I know the point was to dry out the roots a good bit, but I still gave the plants a little water once they were in the new potting mix. I tried not to overdo it.

Thanks so much for all the advice you have all given me (and will hopefully continue to give me). I feel like I have a much better idea of what I'm doing now- though I most definitely still have quite a bit to learn.

Comments (3)

Sponsored