Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
armageddon_gw

It has begun

Armageddon
10 years ago

looking at 4 days of freezing so i decided to start pulling in the smaller gardens as they would be to much work to keep them all covered will post a few shots as the pods start coming in i will still be battling the cold on the larger gardens with some luck i might be able to extend the grow a little longer its not over yet .....

Comments (7)

• mspeppajo
    10 years ago

Hey Armageddon...
    Ya wanna send us your NEW ADDRESS 'cause from the looks of it, I think your place was eaten up by PEPPERS!!! Holy Toledo!!! And you said those were the SMALL GARDENS???!!!!?!?! All I can say is good luck!! What are you going to do with all those ?

Jo

• DMForcier
    10 years ago

Yeah, dude. What zone are you in? And or what state?

• missyga64
    10 years ago

I have a few end of season questions. I live in central GA, the weather man is calling for a frost this weekend.

I have about 10 pepper (super hots) plants that still have an abundance of peppers not ripe yet (all are still very green).

My questions are -

1. do I move them in the house or will in the garage be good. I don't have a green house yet so not an option.

2. Do I pick all the peppers and let them ripen inside?

This is my first year growing peppers (or anything for that matter) and these last plants were slow growers and late bloomers

• Boost313
    10 years ago

In you garage will be fine. You're just wanting to keep the plants from physically getting frost on them. If you don't have lighting or windows to set them in. You'll need to move them in an out as need be. As the plants will loose their leaves quick indoors. An green pods won't rippen. The rippening process as to have already started. For them to continue to rippen off the plant. An with my experience at least 50%+ of the rippening should already be present. As they tend to get soft and mushy before finishing. I too live in Ga. But this will mark the end of my season. Too many plants to deal with. Lol

• tsheets
    10 years ago

I've usually gotten enough that I just let them go at the end of the season. If you really want to get them to finish, you can either move them in and out, or inside in a window. Sometimes the green ones are close enough to turning that they will if you pick them, but, mine never seem to completely turn / finish as well as if they are left on the plant. Warm temps will help them ripen quicker, too. The cool really slows things down.

• Boost313
    10 years ago

I too have enough to let them go by now. But actually ended up giving some of my plants away tonight. As didn't want to mess with em. An they said they had a large sunroom. So maybe they'll keep going for someone else.

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

been doing some major processing some being turned to dust some dried pods some frozen i am here in zone 6 i think the weather has been low 30s last few days and still looking at 30s for the next 3 so i started the major flush already a small hand full of plants have took on some damage but for the most part the rest are doing great also moved all my potted gardens indoors now .

Sponsored