Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for peppers in the Tampa Bay,Fl area.

Posted by brewmasta Clearwater,Fl (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 27, 10 at 15:13

Hello all. I am new to the site and new to growing peppers. I started off with the regular varieties one could get at Lowes(Jap,Habs). Also found two nice Caribbean reds at the local flea market. Looking to get some different varieties, but cant find any at the nurseries.

I am not sure if anyone on the forum is in my area or not. But I would like any info if someone is near by.

Also not sure about the internet sites either.

I wouldn't mind if anyone has some "spare seeds" or anything like that to send.

Oh yea I am looking for hot peppers.

Thanks a bunch.

Bud

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for peppers in the Tampa Bay,Fl area.

Hi Bud, I'm in Beverly Hills, I'm growing Bhut Jolokia, cayenne, Serrano and a couple of others.

o

I'm in Largo And can let you have a nice Chocolate Hab plant I've got 4 of them at about 1 1/2 foot now. Just repotted them into 3 gallon pots. Email me for my address.
jackseeley at tampabay.rr.com put pepper in the subject line.Alson have some seeds if you want them.

o

Hey, Brewmasta,

I got fresh bhut jolokia in Dunedin, if your interested.

Randy
randy
at
bigblueorchid
dot
com

o

Tried to reply to all you emails. Let me know if you did or didn't get them. Thanks again all

Bud

o

I have tons of red habs seeds if you would like some. Send SASE my email can be found on my garden web home page email me with seeds as topic. I live directly across from you in Daytona area.

o

Try to keep your eyes open at the local food stores especially the specialty food stores.

Also look for the Datil hot peppers. The center for them is around St. Augustine, Florida. How far is that from you? But local florida stores should get some.

Forget nurseries. You will have to learn how to germinate your own seeds if you want the best peppers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Datil Pepper

o

Im looking for some good bhut jolokia seeds or plants that anyone locally may have and I was wondering if yeild is affected by growing the plants indoors when it gets cooler in clearwater fl?

o

• Posted by esox07 4, S. Cent Wisc (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 28, 11 at 12:14

SLIMGOODY:
I have some Bhut seeds. email me at pepperpikker@gmail.com.
Bruce

o

Thanks esox07, Im kinda new to the pepper growing scene, I grew a red habenero last year that did ok, so any info you have on how to grow those bhut seeds or any other info would be greatly appreciated

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here