Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_regina_gw

Looking for pepper seeds!

lisa-regina
15 years ago

I am looking for pepper seeds, but don't have any to trade. This is my first year really getting into peppers and would be willing to pay a reasonable rate for pepper seeds collected from your 2008 pepper plants. I am looking for Lemon drop, aji dulce 2, trinadad perfume, fatalli and other kinds of hot peppers. I am also looking for italian sweet frying pepper seeds as well. I don't know if this is legal here on the garden web to sell or buy from others, but since I have nothing to trade and want seeds badly I figure it couldn't hurt to ask....Lisa

Comments (15)

• rootdoctor
    15 years ago

email me and I will send you a variety including Bhut Jolokia, Devils Tongue, Apple, Red Savina hybrids, Omnicolor and whatever else I can scrape together. TiMo

• spencersmom
    15 years ago

Hi Lisa! This was my first year as well so I know how you feel, all I have is jalapenos and hot wax since I was just starting out. Not too exciting to trade for!

TiMo rocks for hooking you up, however I would check out Peppermania.com as well for more ideas. I just got my order for next year and not only did she throw in some seeds that I didn't ask for but she thought I would like, but she also threw in a few mystery seeds. I am sooo excited for next year!

• lisa-regina
    Original Author
    15 years ago

TiMo, I can't find your e-mail address... help!!!!

• smokemaster_2007
    15 years ago

Send me an E-Mail for a SASBE offer-about 50 - 70 varieties.

• smokemaster_2007
    15 years ago

My E Mail is screwed up,it won't send unless I use a site to send mail.
    I can't reply to your E-Mail, you don't have it set up on your page here.

SASBE= self addressed bubble envelope.

Send 70 mini ziplocks(for seeds) with about $2.00 postage in a 4 X 9 (something like that)bubble envelope to me.
    I'll fill the zips and send it back.

I don't know how to E-Mail you if you don't set up your page here as I can't get mine to reply to the E-Mails I get on my Computer.
    I won't post my address etc. online.

• whocares195
    15 years ago

Smokemaster
    It's me, Margarida
    I've received your packet of the farmer's market ! ;) Thanks a lot !!!!
    How can I communicate with you ?
    If you can, please send me an e-mail :)

Kisses
    Margarida

• organicpepper_grower
    15 years ago

Lisa_regina, I have lots of Early Jalapeno seeds if your interested. They are a heavy yeilding plant, good for stuffing and pickling, from what I read there used for commercial growers. lmk

• lisa-regina
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I did post my e-mail address on the member site form several times, but it wont't add my e-mail address for some stupid reason. I left a message for website asking them to help me post it. My e-mail address is: Lisaheit@woh.rr.com

• byron
    15 years ago

Peppermania

beth@bayoutraders.com

www.Peppermania.com

AKA Beth Boyd, Stamford TX

The gal in the middle is Beth, the gal on the left
    is Susan Wesland, AKA Chilewoman, Bloomington IN

• vikingkirken
    15 years ago

Lisa,

I too am pretty new with vegetable gardening =) If you check out the seed swapping forums, a lot of people may offer you some great varieties in exchange for whatever humble seeds you can offer... I have found that myself... sometimes I think they are just being kind (who really NEEDS more orange cosmos, after all?) Some people will take other things in trade, too, like extra seed envelopes.

Their generosity is wonderful, and I hope I can pay that forward next year!!

Lori

• lisa-regina
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Lori, I will check that out! Right now since I am new to gardening (tinkled a little here and there, but just getting seriously involved), I really don't have any seeds to trade as of right now. Can't wait to collect seeds next year from my plants for trading or to give to others in need that just like me can't afford to buy seeds from seed companies. Seeds can be pretty pricey for what you get in those little seed packets from Reimers and Burpee. Shipping and handling is more than the seeds, so trading or giving sedds to others helps a lot. Everyone on this site seems to be so nice and generous, I am greatful to all who have been so nice.

• smokemaster_2007
    15 years ago

To everyone who has E-Mailed me and doesn't have their page set up for E-Mail.

I can't send out E-Mail from my computer.
    I can only send it through your page.
    I recieve mail but can't send it from my computer for some reason..

I have seeds but this is getting old fast.
    Don't E-Mail me if your page isn't set up with the E-Mail function working so I can use it to get in touch with you.

I've got a lot of E-mails asking for the SASBE that I can't answer.

Also put your screan name in your E-Mail so I can look up your page to mail you back.Otherwise i have no idea who you are easily.

Thanks,
    Mike/Smokemaster_2007

• spencersmom
    15 years ago

Hi Lisa,

I know what you mean about S&H killing your order. The neat thing I found about Peppermania is that there is a flat $1.50 S&H fee plus as I said earlier she dropped in extra goodies. So for $8 I got 4 varieties plus a mystery seed!!

People talk her up for a reason ;)

Thank you Byron for that picture, it's nice to put a face to a name.

• byron
    15 years ago

Got some Chimayo seeds I saved from the 2008 OF

You can have about a doz for a SASE.

Sorry my fingers not longer work that well to write

I also have some from 06, but I wasn't fussy about saving from the "Largest pod"

• joybugaloo
    15 years ago

Does anyone have a source for Sweet Datil or one of the seasoning peppers (St. Lucia or St. Martin's), or have seeds to sell/trade? If so, please let me know!
    Thanks! --Gina

P.S. I only have Golden Cayenne and Sugar Chile to trade...sorry.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor