Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2012 Harvest

Posted by rdback Z6 VA (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 18, 12 at 16:23

Hi folks,

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, but things are better now and I'm back!

Ask I posted in another thread, I finally got around to uploading some pictures, so I may inundate ya over the next few whatevers *lol*.

I wasn't able to spend time in the garden much from July thru September, so it was pretty neglected. In the beginning of October we started picking our first of the YEAR harvest of our pepper plants. We didn't know what to expect, but we were pleasantly surprised.

Anyway, I need to catch up on some threads, so here's a few pics for your perusal *smile*.

Enjoy -- Rick

Garden - neglected.....
Garden - Neglected

.....but productive.

Harvest, Tray 1
A=Tabasco, Avery Island
B=NagaBon
C=Melrose
D=Cili Goronong
E=Hinkelhatz
Harvest, Tray 1, A=Tabasco, Avery Island;B=NagaBon;C=Melrose;D=Cili Goronong; E=Hinkelhatz

Harvest, Tray 2
A=Bermuda Hot
B=Thai, Orange
C=West Indian Red
D=Bell, Keystone Giant
E=Antonia P. Rhomedia (Not)
F=Billy Goat
G=Aji Peanut
Harvest, Tray 2, A=Bermuda Hot;B=Thai, Orange;C=West Indian Red;D=Bell, Keystone Giant;E=Antonia P. Rhomedia (Not);F=Billy Goat;G=Aji Peanut

Harvest, Tray 3
A=Poblano L
B=Fish
C=Inchanga
D=Jalapeno, Biker Billy F3
E=Paprika, Papri
Harvest, Tray 3, A=Poblano L;B=Fish;C=Inchanga;D=Jalapeno, Biker Billy F3;Paprika, Papri

Harvest, Tray 4
A=Datil
B=Ghost Scorpion
C=Habanero, Peach
D=Bhut, Indian Carbon
E=Habanero, Golden
Harvest, Tray 4, A=Datil;B=Ghost Scorpion;C=Habanero, Peach;D=Bhut, Indian Carbon;E=Habanero, Golden

Harvest, Tray 5
A=Scotch Bonnet, Yellow Sun (not)
B=Habanero, White (not)
C=Fatalii
Harvest, Tray 5, A=Scotch Bonnet, Yellow Sun (not);B=Habanero, White (not);C=Fatalii

Harvest, Tray 6
A=Datil, Sweet
B=Datil, Yellow
C=Habanero, Alberto
D=Habanero, Maya Red
Harvest, Tray 6, A=Datil, Sweet;B=Datil, Yellow;C=Habanero, Alberto;D=Habanero, Maya Red

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2012 Harvest

• Posted by esox07 4b Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 18, 12 at 17:16

Wow, huge variety. Very pretty peppers.
Bruce

o

Wonderful harvest, huge variety, indeed!
Helpful labeling, too!

Josh

o

Wow, for a garden that went unattended for the 3 most important months of your growing season, that is freakin impressive. You must have a Garden Fairy Grove in there somewhere..LOL! I must say, I don't think that I've ever heard of a Cili Goronong, but its certainly the most interestingly shaped pod that I have ever seen...absolutely stunning! BRAVO!

PJ

o

Great harvest! Lots of variety!

Those fataliis look more blocky than the ones I have (from tomatogrowers). Mine taper to a point.

o

Amazing harvest and stunning display. Where in this neglected garden were these plants, in the ground or in pots? I am hoping to take an August vacation sometime, so any hints would be welcome.

o

Rick - I'm very envious of your Great pepper harvest. Ma Nature and/or the Garden Fairy took real good care of those peppers during your garden absence.

PJ - Just last week I found a German pepper site that has the 'Cili Goronong' pepper and many other interesting peppers. It's amazing all the different peppers available in the European pepper market compared to the US.

Again Rick - GREAT HARVEST!

Sandy

o

Awesome pictures.

o

wow, you have many pepper variety.
I'm so glad to see the pods

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here